GMC Truck Forum banner

door issues

775 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  purcell747 
#1 ·
i just painted my truck and am putting it back together. i put the passenger door on and its way outta wack for the alignment. i can barely close the door and have to lift the back of the door up almost 1/3'' to get the body line to line up. any idea on how you align the door? i know the hinges are welded on, this is what is stumping me. any help would be great

#2 ·
probably needs new door pins and bushings depending on what year it is, easy fix, takes about 10-15 minutes per door
my 88 sagged about 1/4 inch, and i changed the pins and bushings and now it lines up perfectly, it took all of 20 minutes for both doors

#3 ·
make sure the shims (if equipped) were put back in place. What year model is your truck?

#6 ·
is this differant on the NBS?
what would i have to check if its out of alignment on an NBS?

sorry, not trying to thread jack.

#7 ·
is this differant on the NBS?

sorry, not trying to thread jack.
what would i have to check if its out of alignment on an NBS?
door pins right off the back is usually the first thing i do, which i did. i know alot of the older style then mine had bolts holding the hinges on and always just loosened them off, got it where we wanted and tightned them in but i cant on mine right now because everything is welded - both sides and the door pin connects the cab and door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.