GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
just chillen...
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 95 z71

driver's side I can lock inside manually, but the key or electric lock won't unlock it. So I have to climb threw the passenger side to unlock it.

Now my passenger side won't unlock at all I can't even move the lock physically inside and the key and electric lock does nothing.

I have to wait till this weekend to tear it apart due to work, but I need to be able to lock it all up instead of half way

·
Registered
231 Posts
Got a 95 z71

driver's side I can lock inside manually, but the key or electric lock won't unlock it. So I have to climb threw the passenger side to unlock it.

Now my passenger side won't unlock at all I can't even move the lock physically inside and the key and electric lock does nothing.

I have to wait till this weekend to tear it apart due to work, but I need to be able to lock it all up instead of half way
Could be the lock cylinders are seized up? If you can’t lock it with the key, that’s what I’d be thinking.

·
just chillen...
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wonder if there is a way to free them up

·
Registered
231 Posts
Wonder if there is a way to free them up
If it is the lock cylinders, I’d try spraying some WD40 in them, then start working the key back and forth. Not a permanent fix, as it would need real lube and cleaned out, but that may free them up for you.

·
just chillen...
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll try this

·
just chillen...
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lock on passenger side is not moving at all. Lock rod is not being engaged or nothing driver side still won't open from outside

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've replaced the lock cylinders on a Ford Explorer. The parts were relatively cheap and the job was fairly easy. I world imagine your truck isn't much different. Check with your local auto parts store and/or on line at 1A Auto or Rock Auto or similar.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,155 Posts
I've replaced the lock cylinders on a Ford Explorer. The parts were relatively cheap and the job was fairly easy. I world imagine your truck isn't much different. Check with your local auto parts store and/or on line at 1A Auto or Rock Auto or similar.
Yup it's just like an explorer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts