GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My doors will not lock or unlock with my keyfob....they will not lock or unlock using the button on the inside either. Any ideas?

It is an '08 GMC.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
i hear your truck talking in alien voices..

"take me to your DEALER!!!"

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
My doors will not lock or unlock with my keyfob....they will not lock or unlock using the button on the inside either. Any ideas?

It is an '08 GMC.
Door lock actuator is fried, mine did the same thing. They re-engineered the part after 08. Dealer will warranty no problem.

·
not low enough
8,703 Posts
yea..but dont try and fix it. go to the local dealer. ur under warranty

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Ur lucky... mine locks and unlocks for no reason.... I can leave the truck with the keys in the ignition, and it locks...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. I hope to get it to the dealer today.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Ur lucky... mine locks and unlocks for no reason.... I can leave the truck with the keys in the ignition, and it locks...
Check for a short in the wiring in the door panel. Sounds like that is what is happening.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
i cant wait for something to go wrong like that on my truck. I have yet to pull up at the service bay and say..."Im here for warranty work." I wanna see the look on the dude's face.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i cant wait for something to go wrong like that on my truck. I have yet to pull up at the service bay and say..."Im here for warranty work." I wanna see the look on the dude's face.
lol. I have an appt tomorrow morning. Hopefully they will get me in and out quickly.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I wanna go in and say..."I lost 3rd adn 4th gear and there is a loud clunk coming from my rear end. Can you start the warranty paperwork??" :D

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They are replacing my driver side actuator and had to order the one for the passenger side.

They are also going to order me a new brake light switch to fix the problem with my lights cutting off while the foot is still on the brake. There is a TSB for this.

I also had them look at my seats and they will order the new covers if I want...thinking about that one for a minute.

Thanks again for the replies.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
They are replacing my driver side actuator and had to order the one for the passenger side.

They are also going to order me a new brake light switch to fix the problem with my lights cutting off while the foot is still on the brake. There is a TSB for this.

I also had them look at my seats and they will order the new covers if I want...thinking about that one for a minute.

Thanks again for the replies.
Katzkins

·
Cali Customs
1,507 Posts
same shit here , i unlock the car and only the passngr side pops up but not the driver , then i have to use the key to get in .. the funny thing is its an 09 and the worse part is i show off in front of my friends with the remote start and then i have to unlock the door with the key LooooL i mean faaack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts