GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a bit of searching and nothing came up. i bought some 6.5 components and i want to put them into my truck (98 OBS) how do i get the panels off?

·
resident pyromaniac
7,498 Posts
i think i remember those being a bitch to get off in my brothers 96:think: i cant remember the exact process we went by though..bump for ya carey

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
pop off the trim around the pull handle with two small flat head screwdrivers by wedging in the screwdriver inbetween the trim and the inner flat piece popping out one section, then the one next to it. Then I usually pop out the window/lock controls. You can do that also with a flathead, but do so at the back and work towards the front, then unplug the wiring. After that take out the screw in the armrest and I cant remember 100% but I think you need to pop out the sailfin panel at the top corner of the door also. Then I usually start popping the door clips out towards the top where the sailfin was. Do it slow by hand and pull straight out.

disclaimed, I did all this by memory so I might be a tad off

·
This is a bunch of shit!
1,943 Posts
pop off the trim around the pull handle with two small flat head screwdrivers by wedging in the screwdriver inbetween the trim and the inner flat piece popping out one section, then the one next to it. Then I usually pop out the window/lock controls. You can do that also with a flathead, but do so at the back and work towards the front, then unplug the wiring. After that take out the screw in the armrest and I cant remember 100% but I think you need to pop out the sailfin panel at the top corner of the door also. Then I usually start popping the door clips out towards the top where the sailfin was. Do it slow by hand and pull straight out.

disclaimed, I did all this by memory so I might be a tad off
Sail panel does have to come off. Might want to go ahead and pickup some of the door clips since you will break a few of them. They are held in pretty tight and break easy.

·
GMFS Sr. Canadian Member
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awesome, lol.

well i will see what i can do tommorow. thanks fellaz

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Not on thosem I never seem to break them. On the 93, forget it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts