GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got autoloc door poppers on my truck and somewhere the wires got cut. The easiest fix I can think of is to rip it all out and redo it. Does any one know where I can get the instlation instructions for them? Already tried Autoloc with no response. Also the relay could be fried. What part # would it be? Any help would be appreciated.
Ryan P

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
its not really a specific part number relay ive used a 4 terminal relay before on some autoloc solenoid..but when i went to put it on my fbi, i had to use a five terminal relay. so just any universal 5 terminal relay will work. what year do you have? i know on bout the 99+ if u dont mount the solenoid low enough u might be rolling down the window and snap the wire....happend to me. by the way, u might wanna switch to an fbi solenoid, all autoloc solenoid take is lill moisture and you'll be fucked and stuck out ur truck and have to bust the back glass out. i havent had a problem outa my fbi yet and always had problems outta my autoloc

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No clue what lb solenoids they are. Can anyone explain how to wire them. I spliced the wire in the door and put direct power to it and wala the door opens. Splice it in the engine compartment and no wala. The inline fuse was melted so I,m assuming there is a wiring problem.
Ryan

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They were on there for a couple years. The truck has also been sitting for 2 years. Sounds like I should look into getting a different brand altogether.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dang, more money well spent. Anyone figure out how to build a custom truck right the first time?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts