GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:insane: Started on door pulls today should be able to paint them sunday.
Here are a few photos from today also started roll pan for my brothers truck should install it also.

door_handles1.jpg

door_Handles3.jpg

door_handles2.jpg

rol_lpan.jpg

roll_pan_1.jpg

roll_pan_2.jpg

Ready to install : :head:

door_Handles4.jpg

door_handles5.jpg

done.

door_handles6.jpg

·
Registered
397 Posts
You paint the parts yourself? What kind of spray gun do you use? compressor etc.....

I was thinking about buying a gravity feed HVLP gun from harbor freight $40 and a little compressor to paint my own stuff, but i live in an apartment,.......my neighbor has an empty utility closet thats fairly big (6'x3') and I have friends with houses, but I never knew the quality I would get compared to getting it done at an autobody shop.....

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
SITNLO said:
You paint the parts yourself? What kind of spray gun do you use? compressor etc.....
It's rattle can, for now ... Y2KSierra paints alot of his own stuff and his stuff turns out great :rocking: .. he can probably help answer some of your paint questions.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Those handles will take forever to smooth until you are happy. Don't give up, just keep sanding! I did a pair of them a few weeks ago, they came out great due to all of our prep work.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fast job this time i do paint i have use all types of guns from binks #7
to binks#2001 base /clear gun to cheap guns and they all can do a good job just do not get in a hurry .

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
i think it looks sweet. You sprayin the base/clear outside? The most wise advice my friend told me (he's a pro painter) is "90% of the crap that gets in the paint comes from the nooks and crannies in the car. Not the air or ground." Best advice you can give anyone, except if they're painting in the desert or something. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts