GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Broke
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my truck like this and was wondering if any of yall guys have any information you can share about this? Guess on cost of repair? Is the bar even necessary?

Thanks
Brady

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Only thing I can see wrong is that the bushing on that bar looks like its a goner, and that bolt may be loose so that whole bracket has twisted upward. I'd guess that at about 15-20 minutes and a $5 part.

·
Broke
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only thing is that the pin that the bushing goes on is riveted in. I could easily get the assembly apart using a die grinder or drill or some other tool. My question is getting it back together? A spot weld comes to the top of my head but there has to be something better...

·
Broke
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll go take a closer look.... Where could I get a new bushing? I'm guessing an auto-parts chain store wouldn't have it

·
Broke
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whifflebat said:
Are you sure? If I had one here I'd take a look, but I bet you could tap it out with a hammer.
I could be wrong, but I don't think there is a way to tap it out. Man the noise it makes when it pops and creeks is annoying and embarassing.

·
GMFS founding member
4,009 Posts
i'd just replace it. that piece slows the door down and keeps it from flying open or shut. unbolt it from the cab, unscrew the 2 bolts from the door, then take your door panel off because it comes out from the inside.

·
Broke
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, that seems logical. I'll go junkyard hunting Friday...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts