GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious question here... I have been wanting to replace the speakers in my truck for a while but i know they have awkward mounting... is there an adapter for speakers or will normal 6.5" speakers mount the same? 97 silverado z71 4x4 with 350 fully loaded need more info just ask thanks for input

·
Former Vendor #EMFAudio
7,892 Posts
Serious question here... I have been wanting to replace the speakers in my truck for a while but i know they have awkward mounting... is there an adapter for speakers or will normal 6.5" speakers mount the same? 97 silverado z71 4x4 with 350 fully loaded need more info just ask thanks for input
I always went straight to the door with them, deadener on the door does help quite a bit too.

·
Registered
32 Posts

It's been awhile since I've looked, but @ one time Crutchfield had adapter rings for the doors. Your speakers screwed to them & the rings clipped/snapped into the holes in the door just like the stock speakers did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts