I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, idontfuckingknow....

The logical part of me says "fucking bullshit", but then to actually think about the idea behind it is kind of intrguing:hmm:

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
ahh yes, the mightly mini leaf blower motor.....:rofl: :jester:

Dave

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
wow people will sell anything. Well it's like the vehicle they hooked up a leaf blower to the intake and got like 20 Rear horse. I think it was acivic. but U get what u pay for. It looks like a cheap 12V fan. It may work but I wouldn't want to open my hood to show anyone

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
ahh yes, the mightly mini leaf blower motor.....:rofl: :jester:

Dave

It's a Marine Blower Motor. I have two of them in the engine bay of my Sea Ray - Turn them on to vent gas fumes before firing it up.

·
GM Trucks & UA
1,635 Posts
I thought it was a rice fan, oh wait, it is.....

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
LMFAO... this pops up every couple of months and I'm surprised its still around b/c there is not a way in hell it would do much of anything. A supercharger works under the principle of forcing air into the engine, but it does this with the mechanical power of the engine behind it... an electric motor couldn't ever hope to be able to provide enough "boost" to be an effective means of accomplishing this. In all reality it'd probably hinder performance b/c the air running thru that electric motor is probably signifigantly hotter after its run thru.

Do yourself a favor... if you want to see what the real effects are... go to Sears... get yourself a leaf blower for $30.... remove the blower tube and bolt that bitch right up to your intake tube... I promise you there won't be any gain to be had.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
If it worked, we'd all have them...

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, i figured it was bogus.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Yeah, i figured it was bogus.
Fuck it's not bogus. My electric supercharger dyno'ed at 351/364 hp/tq. Before it my numbers were 311/304. A solid gain if you ask me. I would by one. No hell, I'd buy two.

You guys are idiots if you think that these and Narps are thought to be crocks of shit. They aren't.

EDIT- Just make sure you upgrade your NARP's. Please, otherwise you're risking hardcore premature engine wear.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the fuck is a narp?

·
Cartmans Critters
8,871 Posts
Fuck it's not bogus. My electric supercharger dyno'ed at 351/364 hp/tq. Before it my numbers were 311/304. A solid gain if you ask me. I would by one. No hell, I'd buy two.
You guys are idiots if you think that these and Narps are thought to be crocks of shit. They aren't.
Do you have one currently installed? Show us some pics, I really have no idea if it would work or not so thats why I didnt reply about it

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
the fuck is a narp?
Quoted directly from GM Insider News

"A narp (short for "intake narp") is a valve under your intake that controls differential pressure and vacuum flow across your intake valve. It is critical that your narps be properly calibrated to your engine displacement. Chevy's had a run of improperly calibrated narps that caused a cylinder reversion problem. Luckily they corrected that problem in 2004. There are still many GM vehicles out there with improperly sized narps."

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I cant tell if hes serious about his gains or not....i'm scared.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts