GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
i need a freak!!!
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone use drag blocks? and where would i mount them..i was ont eh devious customs website and they sell ti blocks with mounting brackets

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Mount them to the frame, tranny crossmember or whatever the lowest point will be to drag it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have been wonder this myself...
Titanium is a good choice...hard as heck and creates very nice long lasting white sparks...

as per location
now wouldn't it depend on what configuration you can drag in?
Not everyone will be able to just go low and scrap frame.
If you drop the back and lift the front couldn't you kinda like "plow" along somewhere near the back end?

guess when I finish bagging my truck next week I will have to find out :D

·
Registered
124 Posts
my friend put trailer hitch balls on his rear hangers
err...rear hangers? :shrug:
so you're saying that every time he sparks he is dragging his balls (well trailer hitch balls :D )

I welded a 2x3 block to the bottom of my frame, right before the bed.
okay I can figure out where that is did you use titanium?

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
i love titanium blocks because of the white sparks so go for some of those on the lowest point on ur truck

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
Where can u buy titanium blocks online???

·
Registered
126 Posts
470_image.jpg

$50.00/pair is not bad, I wonder how long they would last. How far below the frame would they have to hang? I would not like not being able to completely air out when I park because the blocks are sticking out below my frame.... I also found these...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
They don't last long. They pretty much just melt down. I saw a block last year at LFT that was dead from just a few passes on the way from houston to lake charles. If they hadn't melted they would have still been good there was a fair amount of material left.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
thats why i like the trailer ball idea
becuz they would be easy to put on when you want to drag and easy to take off when you want to lay out

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Downfall said:
thats why i like the trailer ball idea
becuz they would be easy to put on when you want to drag and easy to take off when you want to lay out
It seems like a cheap easy idea .. all you'd need is a flat piece of steel with a hole in it mounted to the frame. As you wore the ball down, you could put washers as shims to lower it more to the ground till it was wore out.

·
tell Sloan I said whatup
1,951 Posts
I think I might try those blocks from teampneumatiks.com at least once......reading about them they sound pretty good and are longer than all of the other ones i've seen.

what size is the bolt on trailer hitch balls/ would they fit on the bracket that comes with the teampneumatiks.com blocks???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts