GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys drag? To me it is not worth dragging and ruining my frame, so i plate my frame in five places with 3/8'' plate welded to the frame, my question is is there other ways to throw sparks and not drag the actual frame without holding the truck up?

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pics of your balls please, trailer ones that is

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
the only thing I ever drag in my truck is the air dam. do a search on here you should be able to find info some people's setups.

·
ridin low no mo'
643 Posts
when i would drag, it was welded 1/4" plate under the rear portion of the cab or it was frame...no offense to the ppl that run them, but i hate the hitch ball deals bc they can be seen from the rear and look retarded IMO.

i kinda got tired of that crap though. clay barring the truck often to get the rust out of the paint from all of the sparks is a major pain in ass on a white vehicle...not to mention if it rains the next day, and i have metallic debris inside my wheels, they get rust spots too which were a pain to remove...

however, i still throw the occasional sparks here and there when im in the mood.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Yeah I would buy ball mounts like that, if you want to do balls build a bracket. Or just do frame or like your doing now welding steel to the frame.

·
Rollin with Saget
1,594 Posts
how i got mine set up is i used my old trailer hitch, recessed it some so it wasnt sticking out from the back of my truck and mounted two 5lb blocks of steel to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts