GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you kn ow by now i have a complete pullout with ECm and all wiring from a 01 yukon that is drive by wire. I am looking to convert to drive by cable. now i did get all the peddles and small computer and all the cables for the drive by wire but was told i needed to use the drive by cable in my obs build.

Can anyone help with this. I have read many threads about this pcm and this pcm and all that but am still rather confused.
Thanks

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,679 Posts
All you need is the pedal. Whoever told you that you need drive by cable is uneducated

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
pedal and TAC module for DBW iirc

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
I thought all 01s were drive by cable (TB physically connected to pedal) and 03+ went to drive by wire [MENTION=6102]Graystone[/MENTION]

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,679 Posts
I did not even notice that it was an 01 that it came out of. It should be dbc.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah this was an 01 Yukon denali and it is dbc. And I guess I should restate what I was told. I was not told I had to change but that I would be better off to change to DBC instead of DBW. I have every components out of the Yukon. Computer full wiring harness pedal module pedal controller everything but fuse box really. I have always just heard to run the DBC .

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Dbc might give u shit with that computer. It might not see the same values in the TPS since the computer wont be able to control the TB anymore. Id just keep the DBW stuff.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well with where i work i can swap out the ecm and any other wiring i need to get it to work right but i guess that was my main question if i really needed to or not.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,679 Posts
DBW is not really a troublesome system. I would just run the dbw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts