GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i go a 4/6 2005 cc and towing the golf car to the track sat i cut he drive shaft in half sooooo with that said what r my options i kinda want to build a smaller diameter steel shaft but have no trans yoke and need the measurment center to centger on the yolks

·
Local Drunk
1,054 Posts
Get a driveshaft from an extended cab truck and install it into your truck. you just have to build a carrier bearing crossmember and move the evap tank. it'll probably be your easiest and cheapest route

·
//NC FL\\
1,067 Posts
i put a xcab 2 peice in and works great. i moved the evap canister and had a crossmember made. no vibration at all.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ne 1 got pics of the cross member?? iam going to have to do this soon while pops is home to weld it in!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but i cid prob have a steal shaft made here also something with less diameter.. where can i find the trans yolk? just want to explore all my options

·
under construction
297 Posts
Just got mine done on my cc. Its nice to finally lay out. But I have vibration when im accelerating somtimes, I have to figure out what to do

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
Just got mine done on my cc. Its nice to finally lay out. But I have vibration when im accelerating somtimes, I have to figure out what to do
How's your pinion angle? adjusting the angle to the correct spec helps alot of guys get rid of the vibration.

·
under construction
297 Posts
but i cid prob have a steal shaft made here also something with less diameter.. where can i find the trans yolk? just want to explore all my options

I had called some shops and asked them if they could make a 1 piece driveshaft smaller in diameter like the extended cabs and they said it wouldnt workfor some reason. I forgot what they said. Id much rather have a smaller one piece than a 2 piece

·
under construction
297 Posts
How's your pinion angle? adjusting the angle to the correct spec helps alot of guys get rid of the vibration.
Umm I not to sure. Its decent i think. What would I measure? The pinion leaving the carrier bearing and the rear end pinion?

·
Registered
400 Posts
I almost did the exact same thing last weekend trying to haul a bunch of dirt. Thank god I installed taller then normal bumpstops. However, everytime I hit a large bump my driveshaft would rub. After it was all said and done I had a nice clean scrap right on the weld of the rear yoke. So to fix it, last night I notched the crossmember so I won't happen again. I have no idea why CC driveshafts are so damn large.

John

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i think i found the e cab drive shaft andinstead of being down and not drivin my truck this weekend iam just going to get it and weld in a mount for the carrier bearing i found it at a junk yard for a buck 25

·
'10 AVY Z71
340 Posts
ne 1 got pics of the cross member?? iam going to have to do this soon while pops is home to weld it in!
+1, I'm looking to do this too. I'm searching around right now for some ideas/pix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts