GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did the 4/6 djm setup this past weekend, and have driveline vibration. Is that due to the wrong pinion angle?? also, it sits between 5/8 and 7/8 lower on the drivers side, could that be due to the gas tank?? it's only half full so i suppose it's not that, any ideas? btw it was off before i lowered it, maybe 1/2 inch, but you couldn't notice till now that you have the ground to base it off of

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
You need to install some shims to fix the driveline vibration, your pinion angle is probably off a bit. Is your truck an extended cab? The lean is the famous "chevy lean". It is most noticeable when trucks are lowered. If you want to fix it, you can add a drop shackle to the passanger side and set it to 1".

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
Happened to me when I put on the DJM flip kit. I fixed it with shims.

If your kit is new and comes with the new style Saddle plates from DJM i think you can rotate the pinion my loosening at tightening the saddle bolts from front to back.

Otherwise, You are going to have to get shims like I had to. Probably somewhere between 2 and 6 degrees. You should measure the angle now to see how far it's off.

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when we first did it we measured 2 degrees, i'm pretty sure the kit i bought was newer, didn't seem any different than the pics on djm's website

1 - 5 of 5 Posts