GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about powdercoating my driveline white....do you think it would look gay or pretty cool?

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Ive seen a few painted ones on lifted trucks...even some chrome plated ones...paitned look alright, but i would stick with a dark color...hell, you could even coat it in POR15, that stuff is made to not chip or anything and still looks pretty good. I think if you do powder coat it tho, go with a dark color...gray or black.

·
2,451 Posts
ive seen people polish them and it looks good, but a lot of work and too much trouble :IMO: Ive also seen people rattle can them and it looks good as well.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i think it would look good cuz my entire lift would be white...i think it'd fit right in.
About the whole polish thing...way too much work

·
5,501 Posts
Are you powder coating all of the other pieces of your lift??? if thats the case, then you are right, it might look good...and polishing it does seem like too much work to me too...

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yah everything on the lift is going to be white includin the t-bars....powdercoat would be a whole hell of alot easier to keep clean compared to polished

·
5,501 Posts
it oughta look real nice then...and you are right, should clean up easily too...i can't wait to see it when it is all put together.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Another one on mall terrains?

Are you using the stock shaft, because aluminum takes a little bit different prep to powedercoat than steel, just make sure you take it to a reputable powdercoater and you should be fine. Im going to paint mine like everything else.

·
5,501 Posts
Stephen, lemme guess, ur gonna paint it with POR15...lol

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think im not going to powdercoat it....once my paint is redone, im going to go back and powdercoat some of the pieces that are white to the color of flames (blue,red, or orange) and i think i'll just do the driveline the color of the flames. I think it may end up being too much white if i do the driveline

1 - 17 of 17 Posts