GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 K2500. Suburban. My driver door does not shut tight and rattles when going over washboards on dirt road.

What part is most likely worn and can anything be adjusted to pull the door in tighter?

Right now I can push on door and make it move in. Its staying shut but very annoying.

thanks

scott

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
The striker can be adjusted.

You'll need a T47 Torx bit. Loosen that sucker up and snug it in a hair, tighten back down.

Readjust as necessary!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The striker can be adjusted.

You'll need a T47 Torx bit. Loosen that sucker up and snug it in a hair, tighten back down.

Readjust as necessary!

Striker...your talking about the fixed post sticking out of the door jamb and not the latching device on the door itself I take it?

Thanks Will have a look when I get home sunday.

scott

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Just for general purpose - don't ever take it out all the way. You'll loose the nut in the inner body and have to remove the interior to retrieve it. The older cars held it on with some sliding clip in the back.

Mr. 960

·
Registered
129 Posts
Was the door overextended from high winds?
Do you open the door with your foot?
Do all body lines (door Gap) look and fill normal?

Doors just dont loose the location thats a fact well not at lease on there very own from normal use you have to have a overextended door or the bushing (Pins) are just about gone and if I was you I would recheck this..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ill take a look at the other stuff you mentioned. Ive got another problem with my brakse that needs attention before boat towing june 20th or before.. See my new post. thanks

scott

1 - 13 of 13 Posts