GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright, the driveshaft that came with my lift kit has 2 U-joints, but there are two clamps and instructions on how to put a CV boot on a CV joint in the shaft, Did i get the right shaft, can anyone help with this? :crazy:

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
at one end does it have a u-joint and then ruffly a 2ft long shaft that goes to a cv joint and then another u-joint if so that should be the one you need. and the boot i believe goes over the the opening in the t-case and the exposed splines of the shaft and it includes to new clamps to reinstall your old boot off your old driveshaft onto your new one.

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
whew, i was considering installing my own kit when i got my new truck, but these recent posts have convinced me to pay to have it done :crazy: :insane: :anitoof:

·
1,137 Posts
well, thing is, your probly smarter than me :crazy: :anitoof:

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also the driveshaft install and the problem with the shims are not covered in the instructions.

·
1,137 Posts
yeah, i sat watching most of the install on my 02 GMC, so i kinda have a general idea of what all has to be done, it just looked like alot of work to me :anitoof: :imo

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
black4x4 said:
at one end does it have a u-joint and then ruffly a 2ft long shaft that goes to a cv joint and then another u-joint if so that should be the one you need. and the boot i believe goes over the the opening in the t-case and the exposed splines of the shaft and it includes to new clamps to reinstall your old boot off your old driveshaft onto your new one.
You are correct sir, the instructions were in the box with the shaft. They were at the bottom. :crazy: :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts