GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Deep South
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Superlift front cv driveshaft work with other lifts, mainly the FTS 6.5 kit? I've looked and most places want between $350 and $400 for the superlift driveshaft, are there other options I could look at in the way of CV front shafts?

·
NCOR
8,451 Posts
If the Superlift shaft is for a NBS chevy and has enough angle for 6"s of lift then it will work with any other lift kit with a 6" drop.

·
Under Construction
160 Posts
Ya, as long as it was made for that length then it doesn't matter what kind of lift it is. Just to let you know that I had the 6.5 fts on my truck and kept the stock front drive shaft. No problems at all, but I know thats not always the case.

·
Deep South
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright thanks, I just wasn't sure if the two seperate kits angled the front diff differently. Since you said you didn't have any vibes coming from the front, I may wait and see if I do, and if I don't, I'll just leave it off.

EDIT: I do have auto track.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Just make sure you use a cv style front drive shaft with your truck if its nbs, I used my old pro comp cv shaft when i went to the 12 inch kit just got it extened 2 inches.

But it would have worked just wanted to be on the safe side and extend it, so that extra half inch on the fts should not matter if the other drive shaft is ment for a 6 inch kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts