GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the hella fog and driving light kits on my truck and they came with everything to install and 55w bulbs. i was thinking about putting 150w bulbs in there but didnt know if that would be too much for the relays or anything. im pretty sure the wire is thick enough but didnt know about anything else. what do you guys think? or maybe ill just get the 100w bulbs. thanks

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
As long as the system is fused and the wires are thick enough you should be fine.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, cant remember if those came with a fuse but that wouldnt be tough to add, thanks

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
anyone think they might melt the housing?

·
Registered
268 Posts
your gonna want 14 ga wire min and fuse it with 15 amps

the housings should be fine

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I had those same lights on my last truck with 100 watt bulbs and those were plenty bright enough. I dont know if i would push it with 150 watt bulbs, they may get too hot.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had those same lights on my last truck with 100 watt bulbs and those were plenty bright enough. I dont know if i would push it with 150 watt bulbs, they may get too hot.
you had 100w bulbs in hella 500s with no problems?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
your gonna want 14 ga wire min and fuse it with 15 amps

the housings should be fine
cool, i know the wiring that came with the kits is approx 14ga and they came with fused relays so i should be ok

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
also, i put some 100w bulbs in there the other day that were tinted blue and it seemed like they put out less light than the clear 55w bulbs. i havent had them on much so thats why i asked if they would be too hot, didnt want to burn something up before i asked. maybe the clear 100w bulbs will be enough for me. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts