GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys ive been trying to find some lights to fit in the holes on my bumper but I cant find any around here does anybody know of any that are worth the money and fit the holes in the bumper on the 3/4 - z71 tahoe bumper?
heres a pic of the bumper :read:

·
OG
6,939 Posts
didnt the Limited tahoes have the same bumper you know the black ones that were made in 99 i think. I coulda sworn they had the same bumper with lights in them. but i could be wrong

·
Registered
113 Posts
Blue02 said:
didnt the Limited tahoes have the same bumper you know the black ones that were made in 99 i think. I coulda sworn they had the same bumper with lights in them. but i could be wrong
Yes, the 99-00 Z71 and Limited Tahoes came with factory painted bumpers with fog lights like in my sig.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
It look like the tow hooks are below the fog light openings.

If they make factory fog lamps...that would be my first choice, but I bet you could find some nice aftermarket ones somewhere. Check ebay...

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:LOL:

thanks for all the replys I am going to try and go to the dealer and see how much they want for the stock ones but more then likely they will be waaay more then the bumper cost so Ill just have to figure out somethin else :read:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Ha, I'm just trying to act like a smartass with the :read: smilies.
:slap: :haha:

Hey, 98BlueBowtie i have the part numbers for the factory fog lights if you want them. I was going to use them untill i found out how much install and parts would have cost.

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
camnut said:
:slap: :haha:

Hey, 98BlueBowtie i have the part numbers for the factory fog lights if you want them. I was going to use them untill i found out how much install and parts would have cost.

how much did they want for install and everything I know its gonna be way out of my budget but I just want to kinda get a idea :read:

·
Registered
113 Posts
98BlueBowtie said:
how much did they want for install and everything I know its gonna be way out of my budget but I just want to kinda get a idea :read:
The lamps/harness/relay/switch etc...came to around $480 (tax not included) that also was list price, dont remember what it was when i went on GMpartsdirect except it was cheaper.

Then adding on hundreds of dollars for the install.... :whoa:

The price was just getting to high but i am glad i went with the Piaa's its like a second set of headlights! Cant get that from the stock ones....

·
NOT A SHOW TRUCK!!
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
camnut said:
The lamps/harness/relay/switch etc...came to around $480 (tax not included) that also was list price, dont remember what it was when i went on GMpartsdirect except it was cheaper.

Then adding on hundreds of dollars for the install.... :whoa:

The price was just getting to high but i am glad i went with the Piaa's its like a second set of headlights! Cant get that from the stock ones....

holy shit I only gave 50 bucks for the bumper thats crazy :banghead:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
98BlueBowtie said:
Hmm, I always thought the OBS bumpers with the holes in them were only for the Diesel powered pickups, figured the holes were maybe for the intercooler or something for the turbo ... I had never seen any with lights in the holes :think:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
camnut said:
Well which Piaas did you go with, I think he was looking for all his options, factory and aftermarket ... :read:

·
Registered
113 Posts
bcubed said:
Hmm, I always thought the OBS bumpers with the holes in them were only for the Diesel powered pickups, figured the holes were maybe for the intercooler or something for the turbo ... I had never seen any with lights in the holes :think:
Dont think they put them on the diesel bumpers. Just the painted ones that came on the Z71 and Limited Tahoes

·
Registered
113 Posts
bcubed said:
Well which Piaas did you go with, I think he was looking for all his options, factory and aftermarket ... :read:
The Piaas's i bought are discontinued. I will have to find a number.....

·
is awesome
2,263 Posts
a guy over at MCT truck used factory head lights and put them in there
let me see if i can find the thread

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
camnut said:
Dont think they put them on the diesel bumpers. Just the painted ones that came on the Z71 and Limited Tahoes
I'm pretty sure I'm right ... what I bet they did was take the bumper and put it on the Tahoes.

A Diesel pickup

And then the Tahoe Limited

1 - 20 of 22 Posts