GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This gonna hurt or gain me anything at all? I pulled my batter tray that the cansiter is hooked to so that way i could blast and paint it and have been running without the cansiter. I just plugged the vac line running to the TB so that way no dirt gets sucked in. Should i hook the cansiter back up? Leave it plugged? or hook the vacuum line to the TB up to the vent from the tank since they both run together into the canister?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
It's part of the emission system, I believe it puts fuel vapor from the tank into the TB...

I'd try to hook it back up/get a new canister. :)

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hit Man X said:
It's part of the emission system, I believe it puts fuel vapor from the tank into the TB...

I'd try to hook it back up/get a new canister. :)
So i should actually gain from having it hooked up? What if i just bypassed the canister and hooked the tank vent line straight into the tb vacuum line withouth the canister? Or is that just a dumb idea? :crazy:

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Smith said:
So i should actually gain from having it hooked up? What if i just bypassed the canister and hooked the tank vent line straight into the tb vacuum line withouth the canister? Or is that just a dumb idea? :crazy:

I'm not sure what you'll gain, perhaps lesser emissions or something to that extent. For whatever reason the 'coal canister is there to serve a purpose, a new one is like $40 maybe at the most.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts