GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know if the DRL on a 04 (4114) is the same as the 3157's I want to change them to a amber light.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
What kind of truck is this on? :think: I thought the 04 Silverados/Sierras still used the 4157k. If that is the number you meant...then yes a 3157NA (amber) will work.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Huh...nevermind. I just looked in my 04 owner manual and noticed that is says my DRLs are 4114k too. :think: My 03s were 4157k. I wonder if this will change out.

Now that I look at it...my turn signals are 3457As. I wonder if GM wised up and is trying to use some bulbs that don't burn out as easily.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
if it were me, i'd just make a trip to the auto parts store and compare your current DRL to different bulbs in the store...if its the same shape/connector and amber...it should work....

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Whifflebat said:
if it were me, i'd just make a trip to the auto parts store and compare your current DRL to different bulbs in the store...if its the same shape/connector and amber...it should work....
:word:

I know the 3157 and the 3457 will change out. Whatever option you go, make you buy the extended life version of the bulb...

·
Registered
716 Posts
Matt said:
haha that would be good since ive noticed nearly every nbs suburban or tahoe ive seen has a drl out.
Add me to that list. One of my DRLs have been out for over a year now. I just turn the other one off when I turn the truck on. I would change it but they always burn out quick. :guns:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
I think the bulbs GM uses are just EXTREMELY cheap. Memo, if you go to a parts store and get any of the Long Life bulbs to replace the burnt out one in your truck, they should actually last a while, unlike the stock GM pieces...

·
Registered
601 Posts
There is a new GM bulb. Probably the long life ones mentioned, I just know they superceded the old bulbs because they didn't last at all. The "reccomend replacin in pairs". Appearntly they must have a different look to them or somthing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts