GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
**edit** All right I've been driving around with 2/6 drop with a ton of air in my helper air bags to level the truck out. It's time to finish the front end. So my question is: how can I figure out what size drop coil to use? Why I ask this question is that when I first did a 2/4 after the install I ended up with a 2/3.25 drop. :bawl: Now after I installed the 6" flip kit the rear is sitting pretty low now, I really don't think a 2" drop coil might work (I may be wrong) so how can I tell if I need a 2" or 3" drop coil to level the truck out. Sorry for the long sob post I do need some info.**edit**

ok I know it's not wise to cut coil springs, so I edited my original post.

·
Registered
397 Posts
1buda said:
All right I've been driving around with 2/6 drop with a ton of air in my helper air bags to level the truck out. It's time to finish the front end. So my question is: how can I figure out what size drop coil to use? Why I ask this question is that when I first did a 2/4 after the install I ended up with a 2/3.25 drop. :bawl: Now after I installed the 6" flip kit the rear is sitting pretty low now, I really don't think a 2" drop coil might work (I may be wrong) or if the 2" drop coil is not enough do you think it is wise to cut a coil off just to level the truck out. Sorry for the long sob post I do need some info.

Dude,...you're kidding right? Never cut coils it messes with the spring compression rate and will make your truck ride like ass. Plus it wouldn't be very safe. I would just pay $100 bux for some DJM 2" coils or get some Hotchkis coils. Either way you need to bring your truck down. You don't want the back being lower than the front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts