GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently shopping for a 01 or newer ecsb 2wd SLE sierra and am a GMFS newbie. I'm probably going to drop it 3-5"front and 5-7"rear using Mcgaughy's or Hotchkis parts(or a combonation of the two). I'd like to run a set of centerline 20's or 22's. I'd like to see some pics of lowered nbs trucks and if you could tell me what components were used that would be great! Wheel sizes, offsets and tire sizes would also be much appreciated. I want to hear all the horror stories to.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
I have a DJM 4/8 drop on centerline stingray III's. They are 20x8 with 5" of backspacing. For tires I chose hankook ventus 245/40/20.

The centerline 22's will stick out an extra half inch, i have looked into them for the rear :) I don't really have any horror storries for you, i did drag my gas tank once, does that count? :anitoof:

I hear the Hotchkis parts are top notch, you can run them with a Mcgaughty's 2" spindle to get 4" in the front and run their leaf springs with a 2" shackles for 6" in the back. Keep in mind you will have to C-notch your frame for this. It's not a big deal, sounds alot worse than it is. I've never had a problem with mine.

Hope this helps you out some,

steve

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your truck is sweet man. You've pretty much nailed the look that I'm after, except I'm lusting after an all white one that hasn't been molested by some hideous farmer decal package! How's the ride? Are you using DJM shocks? Does that tire and wheel combo ever rub? The DJM kit is springs/control arms front, flip kit and shackle right? What about pinion angle issues or driveline vibrations? If you had to do it again would you make any changes to your combo?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts