GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered my new 04 2500HD Duramax and am getting ready to order some 22"s for it but am thinking I am going to want to level it out a bit. Has anyone dropped the rear down a bit to level it with the front? It is a 4x4 if that makes a differece. Can't go too low becuase the tires are 305/45/22 so they are about 33" still. Thanks in advance!
se7enracing.com

·
Registered
559 Posts
im not sure but i think you can lower that bitch 5" in the back and still be fine with those tires,dont underestimate how high up ur new truck is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
02chevy said:
im not sure but i think you can lower that bitch 5" in the back and still be fine with those tires,dont underestimate how high up ur new truck is.
Do you know who makes a drop kit for a 4x4 truck though? I'm up in Seattle and we head to the mountains during the winters quite a bit.. Gonna swap to the stockers for the snow, but I have yet to see who can lower a 4x4.. I heard I can do lowering shackles from Belltech to drop 2" in the back - would that level it out? I don't really want it dumped or tucked, but I don't want a world of wheel well either. My current truck (that I'm selling for my new 04 CC Silverado) is lifted - lots of wheel well - been there done that. I just want something that will ride smooth and look nice and mellow. 22's are cheap now a days and should look alright. TIA- se7enracing.com

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
The back of a 4wd shouldn't be any different than a 2wd (maybe stiffer springs, etc). For a 2in drop you'd want to go with shackles and for a 4" drop shackles and front leaf spring hangers.

·
Registered
559 Posts
ive seen 4x4s laid frame,my buddy's got a ranger edge(4x4) that lays to the doors, nevermind, he no longer has that 4x4 frame

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
02chevy said:
McGaughy's makes a kit for ur truck
Thanks for the tip... I will search for a website with google to check it out.. Also, do you guys think 2 or 4" will level a 2500HD out?

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
02chevy said:
4 will be too much i think but i also think that 2 wont be enough to level it
Some shackles have a hole for a 2in drop and one for a 1in drop. 1in shackle and 2in hanger would give a 3in drop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
02chevy said:
4 will be too much i think but i also think that 2 wont be enough to level it
I checked out mcgaughys site. Looks like they have a nice little 2/3 drop for my truck all setup and ready to roll. What do the dealers think about drop kits and it voiding the warranty? My Dodge QC was lifted and certain dealers around here gave me serious crap about not covering it anymore. That suks on a 45k truck.. Had any issues with dealers not covering you?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
If it is 4x4, you can let the torsion bars down a bit, just not to much... Dont want negative angles for sure... The rear, best way to figure is to get the truck measure the front and the back and see the difference and go from there... I would say on a 3/4 ton HD 4" would be the best... 2" on my half ton 2wd didnt level it...

·
Registered
559 Posts
yeah that 2/3 kit sounds good but wont lever ur truck out cuz you will be lowering the front to. about the warranty thing,when i leased mine 2 years ago i got my truck lowered 3/5 from the dealership, they kept the warranty on my truck cuz they ordered the parts and they did the work. shit, my truck lays frame and its still under my lease/warranty. what they dont know wont hurt them,a simple drop kit like that is very easy to take out too if there is ever a problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
02chevy said:
yeah that 2/3 kit sounds good but wont lever ur truck out cuz you will be lowering the front to. about the warranty thing,when i leased mine 2 years ago i got my truck lowered 3/5 from the dealership, they kept the warranty on my truck cuz they ordered the parts and they did the work. shit, my truck lays frame and its still under my lease/warranty. what they dont know wont hurt them,a simple drop kit like that is very easy to take out too if there is ever a problem
Thanks for everyones help. I think When the truck arrives from the special order, I'll get the wheels and tires mounted up then do some measuring to see where I want it to sit and decide. Thanks for your help and opinions! I just found this forum and like it. We manufacture ATV parts and are members of many other forums like this, just not any for trucks... Now we are!
Thanks again,
J :head:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts