GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, who has painted their drums & calipers? What kind of paint did you use and did you have to get the rust off them first?

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
They sell special brake paint. Since it has to resits some serious heat.

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts.aspx?partfamilyid=548&subcategoryid=313

With everything else you gotta make sure to clean off the area you are painting and maybe scuff it with some sandpaper so the paint has something to hold on to.

Didn't paint them on the Silverado as they came red from Baer. But on my Camaro, I painted the drums in the back black, because they were old and rusty. I spent alot of time, just sanding them down and cleaning them with brake cleaner. Then I just sprayed them with a couple of coats. Looked better than before, but I wasn't really going for any look in particular.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Ok, who has painted their drums & calipers? What kind of paint did you use and did you have to get the rust off them first?
I painted my calipers using Duplicolor brake kit from walmart. Comes with 1 can of brake cleaner, paint, and a brush. I put a good 3 coats on and it turned out nice! Just get some sand paper and sand off any rust or rough edges. You might be better off spraying drums with a high temp paint.

1,798 Posts
i used VHT brake parts spray paint, can be found at any autoparts store, red on the calipers and silver on the drums,

03-19-07_1956.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts