GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Could be
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably not the right place to post this. Please move it to the correct area if there is one.

I am looking to run dual batteries. However there is nowhere to mount another battery inside my Tahoe's engine compartment. What did you guys move, rearrange, or what other location did you use to mount it. I imagine all OBS is the same, minus if you mounted in the bed of a pick-up or something.

·
Registered
564 Posts
my buddy has his on the driver side next to the rad support... factory aux bat location...

·
Could be
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics would be great!

Shorty,

That's what I figured, that spot was intended for an auxiliary battery. But, for whatever reason the electric smog pump is already there. So there wont be a battery going there unless that gets moved.

·
Could be
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, so after some more research I figured out that on the Tahoe's they have an electric smog pump and the pick-ups have belt driven smog pumps. So basically for the tahoe there is no easy/factory packages for dual batteries. Without something totally custom, it doesn't even look plausible much less feasible.

Scott I am curious to see what you did.

·
Member #1303
5,159 Posts
it probably would require that you just do a smog pump delete or switch to the truck style im not even exactly sure what part youre even talking about

oh cali uses a weird extra part?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
So my Tahoe was bought in Cali.....is that what is on the second battery tray? A smog pump? Do I need it?

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Has anyone done this with a 99-06 gmc? Im the way it looks my air box needs to move

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Has anyone done this with a 99-06 gmc? Im the way it looks my air box needs to move
No it goes against the firewall on the passenger side, look at the Duramax setup.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
+ to + / - to -
known as parallel

if you wire it in series it will be at 24 volts and ruin everything
thats ok if your running matched batteries, if not, you need an isolator or at least a solenoid

to the OP, you could probably cap all that stuff and wire in a resistor or just unplug the smog pump period

1 - 17 of 17 Posts