GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was thinking last night , no it didnt hurt , and i got to think about what a short bed dually bed would look like on my 96 rado when i get it all donewhat do yall think and would it work ?thanks

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Slawinitup said:
Well I was thinking last night , no it didnt hurt , and i got to think about what a short bed dually bed would look like on my 96 rado when i get it all donewhat do yall think and would it work ?thanks
Putting a Dually bed on a non-dually truck is called a Phantom Dually ... usually the dual rear wheels are replaced with a wider rear tire. Usually the ones using a short bed look funny, not in proportion .. here's some pretty nice ones. I think the black one below is a short bed.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
When doing a phantom I don't think the std. cab long beds looks right at all. I've seen a few guys drop the dually flares on a std cab short bed and throw some wide wheels on them. Those look right. It's a cool idea but the look is kinda hard to pull off right.

Cameron

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Phantom dualies, were pretty popular in the early '90s, I rember seeing alot of OBS trucks done that way. Most of them looked like the lazy way to do a prostreet truck. It looked like instead of narrowing the axle and tubbing the bed the stuck on dually fenders. There were some really nice ones though. I rember a black ext cab that I loved. Everything was blacked out but the wheels and they were Welds with 15x skinnys up front and 15x wide as fuck out back, and the truck was hammerd. Back than that was probably the lowest truck I had ever seen. I rember thinking when I'm old enough to drive I want something like that. Now when I see most phantom dualies I think why? Skoolin' yo, is probably the only phatom(back before he put the dualy suspension back under it.) I've really like that I've seen in the past few years. That was a nice walk down memory lane.

Save your money and do something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts