GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought a few things from him...i have heard hes a good guy to do buisness with but not in my case. i have never done buisness with him before...and i never will again. he sent me a lokar dipstick when i said i wanted the stock one because i wanted stock appearence in the engine bay, his reasoning was the gm dipstick tube was too big for the box! and it was used, scratched, etc. he also said all the parts were "brand new" yea the crank spacer looked like it had been painted brown it was soo rusted. and lastly he shipped all my stuff in mid feb if i remember correctly it was feb 22nd. for the wiring harness upgrade for the 4L80e there are 2 wiring harnesses he forgot one of them...and kept saying i sent it out, i sent it out yesterday, etc. for a month because i recived it today march 29th. thats all i have to say about this guy seeing that he was nice and returning pms within hours before payment, to once payment was recived he didnt return them for up to a week! and oh yea his excuse for the harness he forgot to get to me was "sorry i unexpectedly had to leave town" for a month?!?!?

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
damn that sucks. We haven't heard much from him lately. I'm curious as to what he has to say about the matter.

·
Registered
5,298 Posts
he used to be solid. sad to say ive seen a couple of these threads lately.

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
man i tried buying a coolride setup from him and he never got back with me even after repeated attempts to pm him....

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
idk not trying to bash the dude by any means...but this is member evaluations and the point of it is to see peoples feedback on someone so they can check up on them before they buy somethin...i do every time.

·
Pat McCrotch
699 Posts
I asked for a price about a body lift from him. He got back to me like a week or two later........ I hope he just has some worth while issues going on though because he was always a good member here and I am sure he HAS done alot more good business than bad business. You know how it is though if I say Firestone everyone thinks of tires blowing up........not 50+ years of indy racing and excellent products.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
i've bought a bunch of stuff from him and never had any problems

·
GMFS founding member
4,012 Posts
He's certainly not the worst seller I've ever bought from, but to be fair to other members I cannot really reccommend anyone do business with him. Many excuses and little customer service. A little goes a long way.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He's certainly not the worst seller I've ever bought from, but to be fair to other members I cannot really reccommend anyone do business with him. Many excuses and little customer service. A little goes a long way.
that was exactly what frustrated me about the sale...he had excuses very often and he gave little info on the products, which in tern took me longer to order from him because i had to find out all the info myself. and the 2 main things that pissed me off were.
1-products sugnificantly not as described.
2-he forgot something in my order, if that was me i would have that my MAIN PRIORITY to get that damn thing overnighted no matter what the cost...no if ands or buts, to ensure the satisfaction of the customer.

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I im'ed him about this issue and sent him the link. I sent it to him earlier today and I guess he either hasn't had time to respond or he doesn't care.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
that was exactly what frustrated me about the sale...he had excuses very often and he gave little info on the products, which in tern took me longer to order from him because i had to find out all the info myself. and the 2 main things that pissed me off were.
1-products sugnificantly not as described.
2-he forgot something in my order, if that was me i would have that my MAIN PRIORITY to get that damn thing overnighted no matter what the cost...no if ands or buts, to ensure the satisfaction of the customer.
This was not a sale based on new parts. This was a sale based on stuff bought for my personal vehicle which was decided by me not to be used because the conversion would not work with my vehicle.

The crank spacer has NEVER been installed on any vehicle since I ordered my PI converter with the longer snout from FLT transmission to avoid the need for the spacer. The spacer which was sent to me from Speed Eng is made of raw steel and has no choice but to be rusted. It was never installed and if there were pictures of it shown in the state when it was sent by me you would see that there were no markings from bolts of any kind on it.

I have told Robbie that the wiring was my fault that it was not sent with the original package not because i was trying to screw him but because it was simply an error on it being misplaced. I did have to leave town unexpectedly for my new job which requires me traveling and it never got sent out. I apologize for that and have told him that several times. When he bought this conversion he said that it was something that he was collecting parts for and was not going to need anything right away. Not that its any excuse to hold up shipping on anything that is already paid for but the original package was sent out within two days of payment and i believe at least one of those days was a weekend day.

I told him that the i had both the stock and the lokar dipstick and he said he would take the stock dipstick because he did not want to spend the extra money on the lokar. I sent the lokar anyway because it was easier on my end and I figured the upgrade for free would be welcomed by him. I guess I assumed wrong.

Everyone who has said that they have not heard from me much lately is correct. My parts business is not my primary source of income and with my new possition in my day to day job its not as convientient to be online as often as it was before. I never delay on answering questions from a customer who has already purchased any item.

I see at least one person claiming that im not the worst seller but would not be recomended...if that person would like to say anymore i will go ahead and explain the full story from my end about the transaction between us. When something is purchased and it shows up damaged by shipping then I ALWAYS take care of it, but when someone reports a problem several months later, then it is not my responsibilty, and they will need to report the problem to the manufacturer of the part. I do not warrant any of my parts other than damages from shipping except for my HID kits.

Anyone who has ever had a problem with anything bought from me should back me up on this. I know there are several people that I have taken care of because of a poor quality part, damages during shipping, or other problems. I hope that those people will speak up, and defend the relationships that I have built with them.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This was not a sale based on new parts. This was a sale based on stuff bought for my personal vehicle which was decided by me not to be used because the conversion would not work with my vehicle.

The crank spacer has NEVER been installed on any vehicle since I ordered my PI converter with the longer snout from FLT transmission to avoid the need for the spacer. The spacer which was sent to me from Speed Eng is made of raw steel and has no choice but to be rusted. It was never installed and if there were pictures of it shown in the state when it was sent by me you would see that there were no markings from bolts of any kind on it.

I have told Robbie that the wiring was my fault that it was not sent with the original package not because i was trying to screw him but because it was simply an error on it being misplaced. I did have to leave town unexpectedly for my new job which requires me traveling and it never got sent out. I apologize for that and have told him that several times. When he bought this conversion he said that it was something that he was collecting parts for and was not going to need anything right away. Not that its any excuse to hold up shipping on anything that is already paid for but the original package was sent out within two days of payment and i believe at least one of those days was a weekend day.

I told him that the i had both the stock and the lokar dipstick and he said he would take the stock dipstick because he did not want to spend the extra money on the lokar. I sent the lokar anyway because it was easier on my end and I figured the upgrade for free would be welcomed by him. I guess I assumed wrong.

Everyone who has said that they have not heard from me much lately is correct. My parts business is not my primary source of income and with my new possition in my day to day job its not as convientient to be online as often as it was before. I never delay on answering questions from a customer who has already purchased any item.

I see at least one person claiming that im not the worst seller but would not be recomended...if that person would like to say anymore i will go ahead and explain the full story from my end about the transaction between us. When something is purchased and it shows up damaged by shipping then I ALWAYS take care of it, but when someone reports a problem several months later, then it is not my responsibilty, and they will need to report the problem to the manufacturer of the part. I do not warrant any of my parts other than damages from shipping except for my HID kits.

Anyone who has ever had a problem with anything bought from me should back me up on this. I know there are several people that I have taken care of because of a poor quality part, damages during shipping, or other problems. I hope that those people will speak up, and defend the relationships that I have built with them.
ok, now talking about this rather than starting a big arguement is the best way to go about it...therefore i can agree and disagree with a few things...i really cant see dub how you can say "this wasnt a sale based on new parts" because i clearly asked you if it was before we even talked about a price, and if you said no i wasnt even going to bother.

i can agree with you that the crank spacer isnt used/ever installed in any vehicle. but i can arugue the fact that it was no where near new condition, which in my eyes is used. and about you saying if you had pictures of it in the state of when you sent it to me...yes there would be no bolt marks, but it would look like you painted it brown...

about the wiring harness getting forgotten. yes dub you did admitt it was your fault but i did recive it more than 30 days after you said i will send it asap and appologized. and i understand you had to unexpectedly leave town but if i was sending this to you and the situation was reversed i would be bending over backwards to fix my mistake(calling a friend to go mail it out etc.) and i never thought you were going to screw me out of it i trusted that it would be sent just when was the question. and it is true that when i bought the conversion i wasnt in any rush but just by luck the first day i recived the first shipment of parts from you was the EXACT same day and hour from when i opened the box to when my tranny started taking shitts on me, and you were notified that i needed it soon and asked if you could get it here quick because i was gettin my 80e. you never responded to that one. and it only pisses me off because in the end i was WAITING on that part for about a week and i had NO vehicle to drive. wasnt the only part i was waiting on but the sooner the better on anything at all when you dont have anything to drive.

the whole dipstick tube thing...now isnt a big deal because i thought it was too flashy. and i dont mind it to be honest, and i do thank you for upgrading it for free which you didnt have to do by any means. i just wish you kept me updated on what was going on(like telling me you sent the lokar one instead) just at first to recive the wrong part+a missing part=ticked me off. and i wont say i absolutely hate the lokar one just to bash on you, and make something to argue about. because it is actually a very nice peice.

also lastly where it was stated above where i said i will never buy from again...i was pissed so i posted that in anger. i wouldnt mind trying ordering from you again and if it goes good keep buyin...and if it goes the same as this, i learn my lesson. but from what i have heard about you and your sales from one of my in town friends nick(gmracer) he always has good to say about you no matter what never heard a bad out of his mouth directed towards you. and by no means do i like to make bad names of people nor start arguements or in any way make you feel attacked. but i wont suck it up and not let you know how i feel about it because then you dont know what you can do better ya know...

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Damn, I wish when I order stuff I would get free upgrades. I surely wouldnt complain a bit...

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Dub is a good guy... dealt with him on a number of occasions and have had nothing but top notch service.... hes gone so far as to exchange a damaged grill for me that wasn't even his fault.

·
Registered
8,332 Posts
i can backup DUB on this, one of my HID ballast went bad about a month ago. He was very understanding bout it and sent me the newer/better ballast within 2weeks of me sending my bad ballast back to him. It was a free replacement and all i had to pay for was the shipping.
I'm sure he has a legitimate excuse for this bad experience.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
A few guys here in town have ordered from him and things ran smoothly. (non forum members I am talking about who were recomended by chevycrew and gmc00z)

Similar to Grant's circumstance - one of the guys' ballasts was bad and he took care of the problem free of charge - this was around Christmas time I believe

all I can say here is I know he's done great business with friends of mine in the past - none of my friends have ordred from him recently tho if thats what this whole thread is about

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
i can agree with you that the crank spacer isnt used/ever installed in any vehicle. but i can arugue the fact that it was no where near new condition, which in my eyes is used. and about you saying if you had pictures of it in the state of when you sent it to me...yes there would be no bolt marks, but it would look like you painted it brown...
did you miss the part where he said that spacer is RAW METAL? RAW METAL gets surface rust on it.. go order the part from somewhere else "brand new" and you'll receive it the same way..

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
did you miss the part where he said that spacer is RAW METAL? RAW METAL gets surface rust on it.. go order the part from somewhere else "brand new" and you'll receive it the same way..
umm actually its not raw metal...looks to be a coating on the backside where there isnt rust...therefore brand new this thing had not a spot of rust on it...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
im not saying he is a bad guy...just stating my transaction with him. i belive the fact he stands behind his shit and i like doing buisness with someone who is willing to do that. i have never done buisness with him before and my first time wasnt soo good, i will order from him again because from what im hearing i wont be let down a second time by him...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts