GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one ever used it or no anyone with any experience with it.. thinking about it on the daily but just not sure if i want to cheap out that way...if you have anything to say about the paint shop stuff, please let me know

·
GMFS Senior Member
4,032 Posts
Its junk, I had a hood and tailgate done with the stuff. It's very watered down. My ex's dad sprayed it(he builds/paints race cars for a living) and told me never to bring that shit to him ever again :roflmao:

·
Registered
549 Posts
I agree with the watered down part--& I would never use it again except maybe on small scaled stuff--motrcycles or similiar---but I did paint my DD hardbody with that shit

oh, and good luck with any buffing--this is some thin shit---even when applied "thick"

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn, is that nissan done with their clear too. looks almost like a satin, i was going to do the black, but now i think im going with the ppg single stage urethane midnight blue..

·
Registered
549 Posts
damn, is that nissan done with their clear too. looks almost like a satin, i was going to do the black, but now i think im going with the ppg single stage urethane midnight blue..

Yep, Primed, Color & cleared---about 4 coats of each. I'm planning on stripping it back down to the metal and painting it tangerine orange metallic (with real paint this time lol) and painting the wheels a gunmetal grey

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Yep, Primed, Color & cleared---about 4 coats of each. I'm planning on stripping it back down to the metal and painting it tangerine orange metallic (with real paint this time lol) and painting the wheels a gunmetal grey
The wheels look sweet on that little truck. It sounds like you put a ton of work/prep into the paint...it's a shame it doesn't shine like it should due to the type of paint used.

·
Registered
549 Posts
The wheels look sweet on that little truck. It sounds like you put a ton of work/prep into the paint...it's a shame it doesn't shine like it should due to the type of paint used.

yeah, I had some time tied up into this thing to--I guess thats what I get for trying something new---i even carried the whole two-tone theme throughout the doorjams, back wall and under the hood. live and learn I guess

underhood--dont mind the dust--its clean now:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts