GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I find teh spray can duplicolor for my truck (indigo blue metallic) online ordering would be best. Anyone? :shrug:

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Dark Eternal said:
Where can I find teh spray can duplicolor for my truck (indigo blue metallic) online ordering would be best. Anyone? :shrug:
I found Pewter Metallic at Autozone, I picked up the 4 or 5 cans they had while I could :LOL: .. have you checked there yet?

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Badassilverado said:
You should go get those custom matched aerosols that some paint stores do if you want to go w/ just a can. Otherwise yeah Autozone sells quite a few.
I did that once and the color wasn't even close to indigo...they even pulled the code out of my glovebox.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
I did that once and the color wasn't even close to indigo...they even pulled the code out of my glovebox.
I'm pretty sure you know this, but Indigo and Pewter need to be scanned to be matched properly, because there are slight variations in color depending on where GM gets the paint. I heard silver is the same way, but havn't gotten reliable info on it yet.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesnt even have to be exact, Im using it to colormatch my boti so its not actually touching other blue, which would make a slight difference in color hard to notice. It will be up against a black grille. Anybody? :bawl:

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
I've found it very hard to find a duplicolor indigo blue spray can.
I would do what Jeff suggested. I have bought those aerosol sprays with the one stage paint from a local auto body paint supply for about $14 and they match much better.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I have looked and looked for the indigo blue, but I don't think anyone has it in an aerosol can. I have found the other colors though.

·
[>
3,255 Posts
When I did my boti I got the Duplicolor paint to match my truck at Walmart.
Autozone or advance usually has alot of paint when i go in there.

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
I bought a qt of indigo blue from my local paint store, and had them make 1 in an aerosol for the small stuff I need to paint. Being my truck is a 95 the fresh paint does come pretty close. The aerosol cost $13. but the qt was like $60. Why so much I asked, there's 2 different color pearls in the paint. He also said that there is a lot of variations of "indigo blue".

·
DWS Division.
720 Posts
whats a boti?? :insane:

EDIT: talked to DE and the "boti" is the Bowtie...just diff spelling :crazy:

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
Bad-N-Black00 said:
whats a boti?? :insane:

EDIT: talked to DE and the "boti" is the Bowtie...just diff spelling :crazy:
I was going to ask the same thing. I would of thought it was some new kind of karate. hehe

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
i painted mine wiht a completely different shade of white...my truck is a lil more ivory than my bowtie, and you can't tell unless u get up on it...no biggie to me...

·
My name's not Kevin
308 Posts
I have looked and looked for the indigo blue, but I don't think anyone has it in an aerosol can. I have found the other colors though.
I have run into the same problem. Can't find it in a spray can anywhere around here. Ended up getting it mixed at the paint store and it's still just a little off.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I bought some Duplicolor today from my local Wally-World. I might paint some misc. things. They also carded me for it too! 18+!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
whats the best way to go to get paint for a 2000 silverado in pewter metallic? autozone? or one of those paint places that was mentioned....btw...what ARE those places? ive never heard of a place that will mix a paint for you and put it in an aerosol can. thanks ya'll

·
GMFS Senior OG Member
3,511 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
I bought some Duplicolor today from my local Wally-World. I might paint some misc. things. They also carded me for it too! 18+!!
I beat that felt good to be carded. hehe

dabflyboy said:
whats the best way to go to get paint for a 2000 silverado in pewter metallic? autozone? or one of those paint places that was mentioned....btw...what ARE those places? ive never heard of a place that will mix a paint for you and put it in an aerosol can. thanks ya'll
They do this at your local automotive paint store. These paint stores serve your paint shops in your area.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
03Carbondogg said:
Dude they card for morwe than 4 rolls of toilet paper at a time :crazy:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts