GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 04 gmc 2500 hd with a duramax diesel. the truck runs good at normal acceleration but when i want to get on it it has a bad loading up problem and wont shift out of gear without easing up on the pedal. would this be a filter problem or a turbo problem? any help out there would be apprecated.

·
Registered
80 Posts
check out dieselplace.com lots of help there I've read alot about these trucks because I am looking to get a duramax.

there are a couple of things they will mention one is pump rub where a hole gets rubbed in the intercooler of course the filter as you mentioned is very finicky on these trucks other than that check them out and see what they have to say...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the site info. i logged on and read plenty. they also mentioned the blue hose getting a hole in it. that's my project for the day. also i'll change the filter after that and try to eliminate each one. i've been a gm man my whole life, the allison tranny was the selling point to this truck.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I deal with a local GMC dealer here and they told me the biggest problems they see with the D/A trucks is failure of the owners to change the fuel filter, some never do till it stops running. Says it the first thing they do when a customer complains about poor performance.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
my old tech teacher's truck would do that, changed the filter and worked good. i thought the only part of the tranny that from allison was the case?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks to all for y'alls input, it's appreciated. the filter was changed about 6 months ago but that doesn't mean i haven't gotten bad fuel. i try to stay at the same location. a new filter was bought yesterday and it will be put on tomorrow.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
changed filter and haven't looked back yet, i appreciate all of the advice from everyone. checked the hose to the cooler, no holes or rubbing either.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts