GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a 2004 Duramax 4wd with the new LLY version motor, and the only thing we can find wrong with it is that is is only getting about 17 MPG on the freeway, and 13-14 in the city. The computer Average says 14.2MPG? Any thoughts???????? What mileage is anyone else getting? He is thinking about selling it for 1500 Z71 LT or an S.S. if the mileage doesn't get better.........

·
Registered
167 Posts
There are a number of varibles. Such as weather, tires, miles on the truck, etc. 17mpg isn't bad but it should be 1 or 2mpg better from what others claim. Give it some time, the engine may need to "break in".

·
Registered
55 Posts
Definatly give it some time. I know gas engines do take a couple thousand miles to break in and assuming diesles do too, it might be even longer. I bet those numbers will go up around 20.

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
Niche_98Chevy said:
My dad has a 2004 Duramax 4wd with the new LLY version motor, and the only thing we can find wrong with it is that is is only getting about 17 MPG on the freeway, and 13-14 in the city. The computer Average says 14.2MPG? Any thoughts???????? What mileage is anyone else getting? He is thinking about selling it for 1500 Z71 LT or an S.S. if the mileage doesn't get better.........
i'll trade you straight up.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I drove from Nashville,TN to Muncie,IN and got 20mpg with 35's. would have been a little better, but I was with group of trucks and we did quite a few full boost uphill blasts. trust me it only gets better for about the first 10,000 miles. then it will leave off and should hold about 20-22mpg depending on mods and your right foot. I have 34,000 on my 03 LB7

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,722 Posts
I think you just won the award for the oldest thread dig. 6.5 years old!
:big_banana_Dance:

·
Registered
9 Posts
There are a number of varibles. Such as weather, tires, miles on the truck, etc. 17mpg isn't bad but it should be 1 or 2mpg better from what others claim. Give it some time, the engine may need to "break in".
broke in? its an 04. should be broke in by now. unless its been setting in a barn for the last 7 years.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
broke in? its an 04. should be broke in by now. unless its been setting in a barn for the last 7 years.
Seeing as this thread was made in 2005, and was revived from the dead over a month ago by a fellow retard such as yourself, your statement is null and void.

·
Disbanned
187 Posts
EDIT: apparantly i don't know how to delete a post yet

·
Disbanned
187 Posts
Originally Posted by duck

Seeing as this thread was made in 2005, and was revived from the dead over a month ago by a fellow retard such as yourself, your statement is null and void.

x2 x2.......what the duck!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.