GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth trying to swap the old 5.0L out of my 96 2wd and puuttin a 6.6 turbo durmax in it? if a few people say it is and give me good ideas im gonna do it , put a chip on it and drop it 3 and 4 with exhaust and intake and an allison....thinking it will run at least 13s smokin the tires just dropping it in with no upgrades.

·
Registered
303 Posts
yea it would be cool, but just plan to spend about 3-4x what your truck is worth on the swap. The engine/tranny alone is about $5000 and plush all the custom mounting and new driveshaft and stuff will be at least another 3-4 grand. Some have over $20k tied up into their duramax swap.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Dont forget a 14 bolt rear end. That stock one would be toast in about 2 seconds flat. Also you wouldnt want a stock trans if you are going to chip it any more than about 100hp you would want a suncoast or ats. 5k just in trans. The motors are more than 5k with no trans from what I have seen on ebay. Just some reality and my .02

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
90 bucks dang haha. I wanna know how they did that dash and what not thouhg

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
the dash isn't that hard actually. i might do one in my 67 chevy. yea you'd be looking well over 7k just in stock parts.

·
Cap'n
561 Posts
Hmm...wondering if I can fit a 99+ dash into my 98 Tahoe...but my door panels are thicker. And with a newer dash, wouldnt I have to use a new gauge cluster? How would that work with the older PCM? Not exactly plug and play.

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
whay not just go w/ some autometer gauges in place?

·
Narc
1,358 Posts
Not sure I get the meme here bub. Is he digging him self into a hole or digging up old shit? Either way, I think there is a more effective gif.
Thread dig

You’re welcome to add a better joke if you please. This came up when I looked up “digging gif”

1 - 17 of 17 Posts