GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished installing dynatech saupermaxx LT's on my 2001 5.3L Silv.
Drove it for a day and now the service engine soon light is on (not flashing)
Any ideas - The install was a pain in my --- let alone this - makes ya wonder about after market stuff - and for $3000.00 in exhaust parts (Dynatech and Corsa Catback) makes ya wonder what a ONE Horsepower costs
$3000. divided by 10 HP :banghead:
THANX!!!

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Pacesetter: $250-$390
Magnaflow muffler: $60

Almost same exact gains for an assload less......:pow:

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Just finished installing dynatech saupermaxx LT's on my 2001 5.3L Silv.
Drove it for a day and now the service engine soon light is on (not flashing)
Any ideas - The install was a pain in my --- let alone this - makes ya wonder about after market stuff - and for $3000.00 in exhaust parts (Dynatech and Corsa Catback) makes ya wonder what a ONE Horsepower costs
$3000. divided by 10 HP :banghead:
THANX!!!
I had no problem with SES light, but it might be because you unhooked your battery, which i hope you did. If you didn't undo the battery you might have shorted out a fuse. What's the code? i have a code book i could tell you what it is. Also, if i wasn't in CA i wouldn't have done dynatech, i would have gone pacesetters, but that's just what i would have done, no cats.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ian - Thanx for your vote of confidence - But - I'd bet a few dollars and a dyno that the results are NOT the exact same. I know I spent too much
but keep in mind the $3000. for 10 horses was a joke - Headers and a Catback will produce a tad more than your pacesetter and a magnaflow
Hava Nice Day

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Pacesetter: $250-$390
Magnaflow muffler: $60

Almost same exact gains for an assload less......:pow:
Most people dont know that. For what they cost I wish they did. But Dynatechs will make more low end power than the Paces. Smaller collector will do that for ya. Paces WILL net more of a gain on top than the Dyans. Period!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
GM -No Code on the dash - How do I retrieve the code?? I did disconnect both battery cables during install - 5 days - Where do these codes show or how ??
THANX!!

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Meh, not worth the cash:imo

I wasnt being a dick, i did just read what i posted and it came off that way though. Sorry dude, didnt mean it that way.

Pace setters are LT headers and a straight through magnaflow probably wont produce the EXACT same gains, but i think it's within reason to say that they would be pretty close.

·
To hell with BHO!!
2,645 Posts
Meh, not worth the cash:imo

I wasnt being a dick, i did just read what i posted and it came off that way though. Sorry dude, didnt mean it that way.
They arent. I will not bash anybody for buying them. They are SS and SS costs a fortune these days. But a good ceramic coated header will last just as long and look better than a stainless setup will. Ceramic coating wont turn blue/purple!!!

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
My guess is it is probably your O2 sensor...

im taking my truck in this week because i somehow magically blew a whole in my exhaust manifold..now it makes this annoying rattle noise....and the service engine light is always on....the guy read the codes and said it was my O2 sensor.

could be similar problem with yours? not saying theres anythingw rong with your setup but maybe its thrown the O2 sensor out?

jsut a thought.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
GM -No Code on the dash - How do I retrieve the code?? I did disconnect both battery cables during install - 5 days - Where do these codes show or how ??
THANX!!
You need to get an OBDII scanner, local autoparts you can rent on. If you have a buddy with HPTuners or a buddy at a dealership they have the TECHII's. Anything to read the code and get the number, then you will know what the problem is.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Did you install the catless version?

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
They do make a catless Y now.
Really, i'll have to check out the site now. God i posted about i wished dynatech made an "off road y-pipe" a little while ago and nobody said anything. huh, well i'll be getting that then.

·
NIGHT CREW
2,915 Posts
Mine did the same thing. It's just the rear o2's not reading properly anymore. You need to get some o2 similators and plug em in. Then your good to go.

·
TUNED BY ME!
647 Posts
Mine did the same thing. It's just the rear o2's not reading properly anymore. You need to get some o2 similators and plug em in. Then your good to go.
hey jo, long time no hear bro. That actually reminds me i have heard of some trucks the rear 02's messin up or something like that.

·
NIGHT CREW
2,915 Posts
hey jo, long time no hear bro. That actually reminds me i have heard of some trucks the rear 02's messin up or something like that.
Yep mine threw it within like an hour or so if i remember correctly. Anyway i eventually had them turned off when i got the truck tuned but o2 sims work just fine.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Also, if i wasn't in CA i wouldn't have done dynatech, i would have gone pacesetters, but that's just what i would have done, no cats.
What does CA have to do with it though? Dynatech's are just as illegal as pacesetters... Doesn't matter that they have cat converters, they're not CARB exemption.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Yep mine threw it within like an hour or so if i remember correctly. Anyway i eventually had them turned off when i got the truck tuned but o2 sims work just fine.
Probably an O2 heater code. O2 sensors are located farther from the heads, they see less heat and as a result take longer to heat up. If they're not at full temp within a certain period of time, the code is thrown.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts