GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think my truck is pushing to the wheels? I was just at a car show with a dyno and there was this little honda that dynoed 265 hp and my friend kept sayin that's more than my truck has and I said no. I have an 06 4.8 with 3.23 gears. My mods- cold air intake, descreened MAF, straight pipe exhaust w/ 2 1/2" piping, and a BB tune

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
atleast 500

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
i bet your beat.

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
why did you descreen your MAF?

Ditch those 3.23s and get some 3.73s

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Idk. seemed like a good idea at the time. And it's not like it affects anything. Just removed the metal mesh filter thing. And I plan on getting 3.73's along with some L/T headers as soon as I can afford to.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
Idk. seemed like a good idea at the time. And it's not like it affects anything.
yeah, that's kinda why I asked? Doesn't do anything, so why do it?

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
he prob got u beat. def do gears at least 3.73's if not 4.10's

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well damn :nono: I was hopin I was at least about the same. About how much hp gain should I get from L/T's and 3.73 gears?

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wasn't saying that gears would give me any hp gain. And I'm tired of people sayin descreening the MAF can mess stuff up. You can buy a descreened MAF on summit and it's the exact same thing as a stock one with the screen removed

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
I wasn't saying that gears would give me any hp gain. And I'm tired of people sayin descreening the MAF can mess stuff up. You can buy a descreened MAF on summit and it's the exact same thing as a stock one with the screen removed
link to this screenless MAF?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Numerous transmission line pressure problems have been reported. It causes incorrect airflow readings, it's there to smooth airflow to get consistent readings. If the screen is not supposed to be there, why is it? GM would LOVE to save money on a per unit basis and not put it in.

Search for posts by JustinSS and see his EFIlife graphs he posted showing MAF readings from a regular and then a de-screened MAF.

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Numerous transmission line pressure problems have been reported. It causes incorrect airflow readings, it's there to smooth airflow to get consistent readings. If the screen is not supposed to be there, why is it? GM would LOVE to save money on a per unit basis and not put it in.

Search for posts by JustinSS and see his EFIlife graphs he posted showing MAF readings from a regular and then a de-screened MAF.
this guy is correctomundo

although if you have a bb tune justin should be able to compensate for it but be sure to let him know. i know he did that with my friends silverado that was tuned recently and he removed his maf screen as well.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
this guy is correctomundo

although if you have a bb tune justin should be able to compensate for it but be sure to let him know. i know he did that with my friends silverado that was tuned recently and he removed his maf screen as well.
Yeah, it can be tuned out if you let him know.....but YES it does affect a lot.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
a 4.8L and 24" wheels? i bet you dyno somewhere in the 210 rwhp range.

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did tell justin I had a descreened MAF so I am tuned for it. I did it a long ass time ago when I heard about it on another forum. And Kevin, My wheels are alloys and weigh only slightly more than stock.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts