GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Dyno tuned my truck today at a local shop they were using HP tuners.. Final numbers were 251 HP and 301 ft. Lb.. I have a GM hot cam. Long tubes.catless y and chambered muffler. Fresh plugs and 91 octane.and now a custom tune does that add up to you guys? Running stock tire size to. 265/70/17. Truck runs great it'll roast the tires taking off (g80 gave out though) but I just thinkthat I should be putting out more power what do you guys think?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh duh Lol sorry it's the l59 5.3

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's at the wheels they put my truck on the Dyno

·
Registered
732 Posts
lol Thats on a 5.3 v8? Those seem realllly low to me esp with a cam

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
Yep low. And youre not doing many favors with a "hot" cam.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
a dyno is a tuning tool.. what kind of dyno was it ? the numbers are low but not extremely low.. depending on the dyno it could be just fine. a full bolt on 5.3 with a cam usually makes 300ish

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well i didn't want a big cam cause it's my dd an didn't want to change my torque converter the Dyno is a Dynojet 224x

·
This place sucks dicks
4,938 Posts
You can DD lots of better cams. No problem. Torque converter I can understand - but if/when you change your mind you'll be happy you did - at least that's what everyone tells me :eek:kay2:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ya when my motor gives out I'll probably go bigger and do some head work or get new heads and intake and torque converter

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You think if the duration numbers were off that would make a big difference? I may of told him wrong..on accident I'm an idiot

·
Registered
732 Posts
The duration numbers make a huge difference lol. Were you on the dyno for a tune or just for a numbers pull? He should have been able to see the durations if he was tuning.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was tuning on Dyno I think I'll call him tomorrow and make sure I can't believe i did that

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
He wouldnt be tuning to the numbers you gave him .. he would be tuning how the truck runs and what it likes.. not like you type in the cam specs on hp tuners

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok well that makes me feel a little better. You guys think I could have compression loss? Last I changed the oil it had used just like 1/2-3/4 quart i didn't really think much about it

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
251 @ the wheels does seem low for the mods you've listed. I've seen 239hp on a bone stock 5.3 with only a CAI.

What's your mileage?
Oil pressure still decent?

Copy of the dyno sheet(s) to show the results?

Motor may just be tired...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got 146k miles and oil pressure sits at just under 40 idling and I got Dyno sheet I can post it up when I get home

1 - 20 of 37 Posts