GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dads 2013 5.3 He is wanting something different from stock but not sure what. Im thinking the dynomax ultraflo or bullet, or cherry bomb vortex, extreme or pro. Just using stock pipe for now.
I have a flowmaster 40 on my 04 and he likes it (it was on when i bought it). But want to go with something different/deeper. And to be honest i dont think it drones that much but it is out the back.
Any thoughts/ input?
Ive listened to so many videos i dont even know anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Dads 2013 5.3 He is wanting something different from stock but not sure what. Im thinking the dynomax ultraflo or bullet, or cherry bomb vortex, extreme or pro. Just using stock pipe for now.
I have a flowmaster 40 on my 04 and he likes it (it was on when i bought it). But want to go with something different/deeper. And to be honest i dont think it drones that much but it is out the back.
Any thoughts/ input?
Hooker Aerochamber

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
dynomax bullet is way louder than the cherrybomb, it will be deeper as well, not as raspy, i had a dynomax bullet and the drone was fucking unbearable to my liking, i went with a magna flow magnapack and i will never put any other muffler other than that one. the drone is there, not as bad as the bullet however

if u want deep go with the bullet

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
Hooker Aerochamber has a deep sound, isnt too loud, and I havent had any drone. It sounds very similar to the magnaflows

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
ill keep the hooker in mind.:roflsquared: How would the drone on the bullet compare to a flowmaster?
I had a friend with a bullet. Ive had a flowmaster. Both droned but the bullet was was worse.

·
GMFS Member
749 Posts
The drone on my bullet racks your brain between about 1400-1700 rpm, but other than that it's pretty bearable. Don't hardly hear it on the interstate with the radio on. Mine are still ******* 45'd though. If it was dumped the drone would be terrible

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The drone on my bullet racks your brain between about 1400-1700 rpm, but other than that it's pretty bearable. Don't hardly hear it on the interstate with the radio on. Mine are still ******* 45'd though. If it was dumped the drone would be terrible
Willing to send me a video of the bad drone? I'll pm you my number

·
Premium Member
2,287 Posts
All dumped.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Race bullet dumped on my 14 is alot better than same thing dumped on my 08 when it comes to drone.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts