GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is my current setup.
3 inch pipe with just a cat and then the exhaust is dumped about 2.5 feet after the cat. If i put the racing bullet on how will it make the truck sound? Quieter? Louder? I like the tone the truck has now which is very low but i just want it to be a lot louder at idle and through the gears. WIll the racing bullet do it? How about if i pull the cat and just have the racing bullet and then dumped?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
DeToN8TeD had a pair, they were loud as hell with cats and manifolds...lol

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
uhh its a muffler, so if you ADD one it will be quieter. If you ditch the cats and add the muffler then it would be louder i would guess. I seriously wouldnt ditch the cats though, they are there for a reason :read:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Yeah, as much as you might not want to, they are there for a reason...and some people say they don't affect performacnce on these newer computer controled motors, but there is that chance...plus its a federal offense if you do get caught (not very likely)

·
Broke
350 Posts
Adding the bullet muffler will make it quieter during idle and part throttle (should quite the idle down more so then you think), but at WOT it will more then likely sound like it does now.

I got one loud exhaust ticket when I had LTs, dual 2.5" into Dynomax racing bullets on my old Camaro...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts