GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today i drove around for a while, had to go pick up a buddy who dropped his car off at the shop to get it worked on (crate motor warrenty work) and after we got back we had to go to the grocery store, i put it in park and pressed the e-brake cuz its a habit(i live on a hill and don't like all that stress on the tranny) and it only went halfway to the floor and held the truck. It used to go to the floor and barely hold...very strange considering i haven't touched it...any ideas what happened??? im not really complainin but it was just really strange to me...

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Have you backed up and stopped at any time recently? It should self adjust. My guess is that what happened is that it was out of adjustment for a long time because the adjustment mechanism wasn't working correctly, then some how got freed up and now its correctly adjusted...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I back up and stop prob 3-4 times a day..every time i come home...i drive up my driveway and have to back down the hill a lil bit and turn into my spot...i know its supposed to self adjust, and i would have guess by now doin it hundreds of times it would have...and then when i don't even back up it starts to act right...very strange IMO...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts