GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my ebrake warning lights up when i get hard on my brakes. my ABS light does not. The brakes are soft, we bled them after i changed them and about 2 weeks later they went soft on me. Now when im hard on the brakes (to the floor now), my e brake light comes on but no other warning lights. any ideas?

32 Posts
Mushy pedal after every start up, and sometimes while braking?
Sounds like a bad master cylinder. I just changed my cousin's on his obs ('90), was doing the same thing. That will be your problem. We also changed all the brakes and rear wheel cylinders before finding out it was that.

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
Its not your ebrake light, its a brake warning light, if it ever comes on solid, press your parking brake pedal and it should get brighter, you have a problem in the brake system. you might have air in the master, you need to make sure you fully bleed the brakes and use a whole bottle of fluid, make sure all the air is out.

·
submarine z71
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not your ebrake light, its a brake warning light, if it ever comes on solid, press your parking brake pedal and it should get brighter, you have a problem in the brake system. you might have air in the master, you need to make sure you fully bleed the brakes and use a whole bottle of fluid, make sure all the air is out.
that is worst case scenario, which i have actually been planning on happening bc it always does, but with my luck my brakes will go out and my motor mounts will break off
shit always goes wrong at the same time that do not have anything to do with each other

and it goes off after i let off the brake

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
same thing with mine. if im on the brake hard enough my red ebrake light comes on, and ill have to tap my brake to turn it off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts