GMC Truck Forum banner

e-fans on an OBS?

2812 Views 11 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Juan!
Ok I know I can put e-fans on an obs and I figured it would be a worthwhile mod because of the heat here as well as getting a little more performance out of my little 305. So my question is, what are some good brands of fans, what should I expect to pay, and how difficult are they to install? Do they require a tune?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
A good buddy of mine put 05 silverado fans on his 96 3500 and it worked awesome. My other buddy has a pair of LT1's on his 95 Yukon. I would look for some LS1 fans or some 05 silverado fans man.
taurus fans :read:
I thought you were kidding but googled it anyway. Those taurus fans are popular as hell.

As far as the other fans go (ls1, 05 silvy), is there a kit that I can buy somewhere? Either an install kit and I'll find the fans at a yard/ebay, or the whole package? I read that installation is pretty simple, the only part that will suck is if I need to have it tuned.
I thought you were kidding but googled it anyway. Those taurus fans are popular as hell.

As far as the other fans go (ls1, 05 silvy), is there a kit that I can buy somewhere? Either an install kit and I'll find the fans at a yard/ebay, or the whole package? I read that installation is pretty simple, the only part that will suck is if I need to have it tuned.
I have a set of 98 ls1 fans for sale but I have 3 other people in line right now. You would need a harness though. You could get one with its own settings to have it run at certain temps. Expect to pay $150 or more for this type of harness though :imo

:shake:
just get a temp probe from a parts house, it comes with the relays, temp setting, wiring, probe, ac hookup...i work at oreillys and they run about 30 bucks, just hook that up to the fans, wouldn't need an extra harness
I think later this week, maybe next week I'm gonna head to a few junk yards and look for some nice sized fans from a newer chevy or maybe a damn taurus or two. Is there any kind of fan I should avoid or will any work as long as they are a pretty nice size?
will those taurus fans be enough for my 454 vortec?
I just went with flexalites, Been working good so far.
Laugh but I went to the boneyard and got fans from a cavalier Z24 circa 1988. Has to be the Z24 though. The fan was exactly half the size of my radiator so I just got 2 and then got a 25 dollar adjustable thermostat switch that goes into the hose. Just drilled a couple small holes and they mounted right up. I even used the upper brackets from the Z24 as lower brackets in my hoe.
Alright so I'm gonna find a couple fans that will fit side by side behind the radiator, where do I get the thermostat switch and is it pretty simple to install, electrical-wise?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.