GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Hey,
I can't your questions exactly, but I'll tell you what I did.
I got e-fans but I bought the Flex-a-lite VSC, it's a nice piece. It's just a relay.

I wired the 2 fans in parallel (positive wires of each fan together, and the same for the negative wires) then ran a single wire off each. So you have the 2 negative wires run into one wire, same for the positive wires. Those wires connect to the VSC, then you run power and ground to the VSC as well to get power to the fans.
You need to tap into an ignition wire (pink I think it was) and the A/C compressor wire so that when you turn the A/C on, the fans turn on.
Color doesn't matter really as long as you know what they're for...e.g. you can use a purple wire for ground, just remember that, people just use black for ground (negative) and red for power (positive) as a rule of thumb, it doesn't matter.
Ground everything to the battery if you can, I've heard stories of guys' fans not turning on, they check the wires, ground them somewhere else, and they turn on...make sure you get a GOOD ground. I used a dremel and sanded the paint off the inside of the fender, under the hood, so that I got a GOOD metal contact.
I just spliced into the A/C compressor and ignition wires.
How the fans work all depends on how you wire them.
I hope this helps a little if not a lot :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts