GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been told that on the some 05+ trucks, e fans came stock. where can i find some oem ones? i want to put them in my truck. justin from bb tomld me they are easy to do and will give me some extra ponies and can be found at a decent price

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
ls1 fans and a harness ran me $125...was pretty easy to do except getting the pins to click in the harness all the way.

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks dude

·
pro grade member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ls1 fans and a harness ran me $125...was pretty easy to do except getting the pins to click in the harness all the way.
where did u find this deal?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I picked up a set from a local scrapyard with connectors for $215.

They only fit the 34" core radiators though, so if you want to swap factory truck fans you'll probably have to replace the radiator too, unless you happen to have the larger radiator already.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
if your talking about the truck in your sig, how would you not have factory efans already? i would think you should at least have 34" rad

·
Registered
50 Posts
i got the fans off of ebay and the harness from blackbear. the harness is a very nice piece:)

ill probably be installing the fans wednesday providing i can get the damn clutch fan off:ninja:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
I picked up a set from a local scrapyard with connectors for $215.

They only fit the 34" core radiators though, so if you want to swap factory truck fans you'll probably have to replace the radiator too, unless you happen to have the larger radiator already.
He has a 1500HD with the 6.0, so he will already have the 34" rad.
if your talking about the truck in your sig, how would you not have factory efans already? i would think you should at least have 34" rad
He has a 1500HD, only half tons got the efans...
i got the fans off of ebay and the harness from blackbear. the harness is a very nice piece:)

ill probably be installing the fans wednesday providing i can get the damn clutch fan off:ninja:
Its not hard at all to get off, I used a 24" adjustable wrench and a hammer to "impact" it off, 2 whacks and it spun right off no prob.

·
LAID OUT TIRE FRYER
1,992 Posts
get the factory fans to match your 34" radiator. your truck could possibly have the right pins already set in place beings its a 06. plug and play maybe? you should look into it. people will say different but to me, my motor felt more free and my a/c got colder after the ls1 fan install.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
HDs have the bigger rad already.......... lots of Tahoe/Yukons do as well as Suburbans.

I'd put that money toward a cam, you're almost toward a used one anyway. Or wait and do both at once.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
HDs have the bigger rad already.......... lots of Tahoe/Yukons do as well as Suburbans.

I'd put that money toward a cam, you're almost toward a used one anyway. Or wait and do both at once.
A used cam??? Didnt know people did that

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
A used cam??? Didnt know people did that

Hyd rollers basically don't wear... I don't think I've purchased a Gen III cam new come to think of it. :jester:

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
i think i had 75 bucks in the fans on the gray truck had a set of used lt1 fans and a 30 dollar derale controller works fine even now

·
Registered
7,870 Posts
unless you can do 'em really cheap, e fans aren't really worth the money. i got my harness and fans for under $150, and even at that i wish i woulda spent the money elsewhere. although the extra space in the engine bay is fantastic.

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150291&

Don't mind the couple ignorant people in that post :D

.....waiting on the two ignorant people to respond.
just read your thread. you're a tool. laziness and ignorance wastes so much money :nono:

·
Registered
215 Posts
i had a 96 with a 305 and had v6 camaro efans on in that i got for free. they worked great.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
unless you can do 'em really cheap, e fans aren't really worth the money. i got my harness and fans for under $150, and even at that i wish i woulda spent the money elsewhere. although the extra space in the engine bay is fantastic.

just read your thread. you're a tool. laziness and ignorance wastes so much money :nono:
I just read it too, wow. That's all I have to say.

The only reason I bought the e-fans is because I was going to be swapping water pump pulleys for the 10 rib conversion. Since the new WP pulley didn't have provisions for a clutch fan I bought e-fans. Now I'm not swapping WP pulleys but I already bought the fans, so whatever. The clutch fan has been working just fine for me.

·
3,161 Posts
I just read it too, wow. That's all I have to say.
Why because I wanted OEM and got a killer deal? I got EVERYTHING 145amp alternator, Gel battery, 32" radiator, 05 efans, shroud kit, harness, serpentine belt, coolant, etc for under $700. The average person couldn't duplicate this setup for $1200. I'm able to get under wholesale at GM and everything was shipped to me FREE after 2 phone calls. If I remember correctly the guy on Ebay selling the 05 E-fan kit I was able to get the same price if actually better than his. I did NOT want LS1 fans or any other type and I had NO need to source used parts with the pricing I got.

I'm not bragging on pricing I can get, only killing the aSSumptions I ignorantly waste money. I asked in my original thread part numbers ONLY, not where I should buy the parts. I already knew where I was going to buy the parts. The rush was I wanted to get them on before the dyno run. If I waited and researched for 5 months I still would have got the same pricing. Once again this was planned out and I just needed part numbers while making sure I didn't miss any items. I've done everything to my truck myself, engine, performance etc am I going to tell someone they are ignorant for paying someone $1000's of dollars to make a truck like mine in labor fee's? No.

My thread was a model for obtaining part numbers for the 05-fans NOT where to buy them or other options of E-fans to get. I posted the link for the OP to have an option if he wanted to go the 05-efan route he had the part numbers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts