GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there has been like a thousand posts on this probably but how hard is to put e-fans on the 99-02 trucks. i would really like to do it.

·
The Barber Shop
3,110 Posts
Do some searching around for LS1 fans.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I'd get your '99 retuned before I'd waste my time with efans. '99s and 00s had awful PCM programming and lots of false knock.

It'll cost the same and yield FAR more power.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha ha.lol. very funny. im talkin to justin from blackbear bout doing a tune and updating to an 02 computer for it. this should eliminate most of the problems with the 99 and 00's right? thanks for the link though guys.

·
Registered
11,334 Posts
ha ha.lol. very funny. im talkin to justin from blackbear bout doing a tune and updating to an 02 computer for it. this should eliminate most of the problems with the 99 and 00's right? thanks for the link though guys.
Yes that will take care of it.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Honestly for the cost of doing e-fans properly, you can just about do a good cam swap.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i thought about a cam swap instead. but i really dont wanna go into the motor. it has never been broke open.my last truck had a 350 with motor work done and while it had plenty of power it also had a few little problems from the guy who owned it before me and did the work. plus it seems like everytime someone opens a motor up, it lets in all kinds of little gremlins.lol.:ninja:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts