GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
http://www.jegs.com/i/Flex-a-lite/400/31165/10002/-1

I've had mine for about 6 months now. I got it from a friend for free so I'm sticking with it. I have a 170* t stat so I have my fans kick on around 180*.

The fans kick on whenever the AC compressor clutch kicks on.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
i dont see how that even helps so to run the fans you have to be running the a/c what about when the a/c isnt on? like i want e fans for power purpose if they hook to the a/c then for them to be running the a/c would need to be on therefore drawing more power away am i not right?

·
JUGS Racing
1,199 Posts
i dont see how that even helps so to run the fans you have to be running the a/c what about when the a/c isnt on? like i want e fans for power purpose if they hook to the a/c then for them to be running the a/c would need to be on therefore drawing more power away am i not right?
No no no the fans still run off a 12v source but you still have to hook the unit up to your A/C compressor clutch. That way when the A/C kicks on the fans are on and when the compressor clutch isn't engaged the fans are off. It keeps your truck from overheating when your sitting in traffic with the A/C on.

·
professional smartass
5,608 Posts
No no no the fans still run off a 12v source but you still have to hook the unit up to your A/C compressor clutch. That way when the A/C kicks on the fans are on and when the compressor clutch isn't engaged the fans are off. It keeps your truck from overheating when your sitting in traffic with the A/C on.
yes you need to do this cause fans kick on at different settings with ac than just up to temp

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
Taurus 2-speed fan off a 3.8 taurus. You'll need a couple 70A relays, 10ga wire, and a temp activated switch like the one from indexsensors.com. I have mine wired so LO comes on with the temp switch automatically @ 210F, off @ 200. I have a 3 position toggle, AUTO (Temp switch) - OFF - HI (Manually controlled). Fan motors are $70 at autozone with lifetime warranty if the junkyard one you get ever fails. LOTS of info on taurus efan swaps online.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Ok so they run at certain temps then cut off. Wouldnt they be constantly off/on off/on or does it stay pretty cool highway riding?

But then when the a/c is on they stay on thw whole time with the clutch?

·
professional smartass
5,608 Posts
Ok so they run at certain temps then cut off. Wouldnt they be constantly off/on off/on or does it stay pretty cool highway riding?

But then when the a/c is on they stay on thw whole time with the clutch?
they work just like oem fans kick on a certain temp cool it down and kick off unless ac is max then it runs constant

clutch runs all the time on max only which is only when efans run 100%

while moving it stays pretty cool and dont kick on much

·
professional smartass
5,608 Posts
alright cool so i could probably get away with ls1 fans and a decent controller setup instead of a 100 dollar harness. I would make my own if i could find a good schematic
absolutley i think i have about 80 bucks in everything and like i said they dont need to be ls1 fans lt1 3.8 etc will work

1 - 20 of 27 Posts