GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm wanting to install e-fans on my truck. Its an 04 gmc sierra. It there any year that i can get one from a salvage that would be close to a factory install? Or what would you guys suggest i do? What all is involved in a e-fan conversion. Thanks in advance guys.

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
34" fans from an '05 up truck would work but you'd have to get the radiator to match... if not, just do the common LT1/LS1 swap... should go in easily. with a fan wiring harness it would work fine with your PCM when tuned

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where do i go to get the pcm tuned to turn it on. My truck already has been tuned but i don't have the tuner. Long story for that one.

·
Registered
303 Posts
34" fans from an '05 up truck would work but you'd have to get the radiator to match... if not, just do the common LT1/LS1 swap... should go in easily. with a fan wiring harness it would work fine with your PCM when tuned
Good info.

Just for reference:

I paid $58 shipped for my set of ls1 efans
The cheapest I've seen 05+ truck fans is $150 but you also have to buy the 34" radiator.

There is no reason why ls1 fans won't work and you can have them in your truck for about $150 plus a tune.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Where do i go to get the pcm tuned to turn it on. My truck already has been tuned but i don't have the tuner. Long story for that one.
wait4me or any tuner who uses efi live or hptuners can turn them on.

You can buy an ls1/lt1 fan harness for $70 from a guy on performancetrucks.net(dlh2006) or nelson performance, OR pcm4less.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Here's the low down.
1. Buy e-fans for an LS1
2. Only two metal straps are needed at the top to install them. They set in the radiator support on the bottom.
3. Purchase wiring harness from Nelson. You don't need any wires on the fans you buy.
4. Have PCM setup to control the fans. This will require a custom tune, not availiabe from a hand-held tuner.
5. I have a 145A alternator but many get buy without it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hey, Brad what body shop around here did you get your mirrors painted at????
I bought them from another member here. I think it was VicRed??? I just put Red/Chrome Esky handles on it tonight:)

·
Registered
840 Posts
There's alot of benefits to running efans. Just do a search and you'll find claims as high as 3 mpg, 3/10th of your 1/4 time, and 15/20 hp/tq
One of the biggest benefits for me is how much it cleans up the engine compartment. It makes working on the truck much easier.

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
if you get a harness, get one off of DLH2006 on performancetrucks.net:imo his harness is the same as allens but cheaper! i have one from him and have no problems with it!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I bought LS1 fans at a swap meet for $20 and built my own harness using 3 relays. After making it look stock and buying all the connectors soldering, I'm not sure how the people selling them make any money.

·
Registered
785 Posts
If all you're looking for is to have your e-fans enabled, if you send me your PCM, I'll do that for $25 shipped, assuming your tune isn't locked.

Justin
Black Bear Performance

Edit: That offer stands for anybody interested. Same goes for gear or tire size changes.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's the low down.
1. Buy e-fans for an LS1
2. Only two metal straps are needed at the top to install them. They set in the radiator support on the bottom.
3. Purchase wiring harness from Nelson. You don't need any wires on the fans you buy.
4. Have PCM setup to control the fans. This will require a custom tune, not availiabe from a hand-held tuner.
5. I have a 145A alternator but many get buy without it.
Do you have any pictures of your top straps?

If all you're looking for is to have your e-fans enabled, if you send me your PCM, I'll do that for $25 shipped, assuming your tune isn't locked.

Justin
Black Bear Performance

Edit: That offer stands for anybody interested. Same goes for gear or tire size changes.
Thanks for the offer man, but being my truck is daily driven i don't think i could ever do that.

I'm wanting this to clean up my engine bay, gets some extra mpgs and anything else it helps with is just added bonus.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Do you have any pictures of your top straps?
Here you go. I used aluminum. They'd be simple to paint black so that they don't stick out.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Don't we have a sticky somewhere on this?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Anyone in norcal that can do this for me? i will pay for parts and labor. I am not very comfortable working on my truck. also, will this fuck the warrenty?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts