GMC Truck Forum banner

361 - 380 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
A pair of Digital Designs 1508/2508s or Sundown SA/X8s in a proper ported box will have plenty of low end with 1500 watts or less. My dad had a 2001 6.0 HD ccsb with 4 JL 8s sealed on a RF Punch amp that he put together when it was new, it was plenty of bump with factory replacement coaxials. It had knock off Stone Crushers from Eagle and those fancy Terra Grapplers as well, I blame him for my truck obsession.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
So I think I made up my mind.

Prolly gonna do two Sundown SD-4 10’s behind the seat with a JL RD1500. Seems as though my options for ported are limited to 8” woofers. I could do a custom port box and do 4 SA-8’s since I can get enough box volume for them. They like .30-.40 a piece

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,891 Posts
I’d rather see you do 4 8s. A pair of 10s is more so the norm nowadays. Not that 4 8s isn’t the norm, but it seems far less common then 2 10s.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #365 ·
The two 10’s are 600rms a piece and the 8’s are similar a piece. I’m almost positive the 4 8’s in a ported box will be louder and play lower than the 10’s in a sealed box

·
Registered
508 Posts
The two 10’s are 600rms a piece and the 8’s are similar a piece. I’m almost positive the 4 8’s in a ported box will be louder and play lower than the 10’s in a sealed box
I’d put two 8s in a ported box against 2 sealed 12s but that’s just me. A pair of sealed SD 10s should give you a nice amount of bump for the space used.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #367 ·

Sorta hard to see but looks like I’m going to need to do the hydro boost seals at some point since it’s leaking

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
Ordered a LML/11+ brake booster. Supposedly it helps reduce the spongy pedal that every NBS has

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
Want something newer. I’m getting the vibe that this truck is going to be a maintenance nightmare

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I mean even as clean as it is, it’s still 16 years old and has some miles. Maintenance is going to be part of it. Accept it an embrace it as part of the build and the journey. At least it’s a NBS so no ultra complex and expensive emissions equipment and they are simple to work on.

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
Has to change brake booster, thinks it's gonna be a maintenance nightmare. The fuck guy....

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #376 ·
Has to change brake booster, thinks it's gonna be a maintenance nightmare. The fuck guy....
First it’s this then it’s this other thing. It’s a cycle that never ends. Plus I can’t drive it without worrying about something catastrophic happening which is why it took me so long to even get a diesel. I think I’m better off in a gas truck

·
Super Moderator
6,199 Posts
First it’s this then it’s this other thing. It’s a cycle that never ends. Plus I can’t drive it without worrying about something catastrophic happening which is why it took me so long to even get a diesel. I think I’m better off in a gas truck
Dude, that’s literally every used vehicle.. sure you can buy one a little newer, but it’s going to be the same stuff.

Unless you plan on buying brand new or one that still has a warranty that’s what you get.

A nnbs isn’t going to be any different.

You have a clean, rust free example to work with. I’d rather fix mechanical issues all day long than deal with rust.

361 - 380 of 417 Posts