GMC Truck Forum banner

381 - 400 of 417 Posts

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I worried about the same things when i first bought mine and the possible expensive repairs. Never crossed my mind to sell it just because of that. Keep going with your build imo

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,891 Posts
Think about all of the NBS Duramaxs running around with a stock powertrain well over 250k miles, rusted out corners and rockers, tuned and deleted, the high school kids that own them just giving it hell every chance they get, and they still last and hold up to the abuse. Hell [mention]TMAN [/mention]rolled his and the mf still runs and drives.

Then think about your unicorn dmax. No rust, unmolested, good paint and body, clean interior, the list goes on.

If these trucks can handle the abuse of high schoolers, then it’s more than capable of handling whatever you want to do with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: eand28

·
professional grade
4,154 Posts
Yea idk....the folks that I know that had those trucks with 150-180k, those things started to nickel and dime them. Anything with those kind of miles will though. It will just be more expensive with the diesel.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #385 ·
Yea idk....the folks that I know that had those trucks with 150-180k, those things started to nickel and dime them. Anything with those kind of miles will though. It will just be more expensive with the diesel.
That’s sorta why I want to sell it but even if I got a lower mile one I’d eventually end up fixing stuff. It’s not a daily driver but I’m driving it way more than I thought I would

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
If you're this worried about repairs already, sell it and walk away from diesels for ever 🤷‍♂️. If you're set on a diesel keep it, you're fucked no matter what you do unless you keep one in warranty.

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,891 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 ·
Looks good, what % is that on the shield?

Have you ever heard of Tint guys pulling the door panels? Guy that did my tint pulled them and didn’t tell
Me he was going to

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Never heard of that. 35% is nice on the windshield, i sure liked having it

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,891 Posts
Have you ever heard of Tint guys pulling the door panels? Guy that did my tint pulled them and didn’t tell
Me he was going to
Never heard of that.

·
Some dude on the internet
781 Posts
Nope, I even did tint for a while back in the early 2000’s and never pulled a panel or seen anyone else doing that.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I’ve never seen it done but only have limited experience doing vinyl/PPF, never tint

·
Registered
9,792 Posts
He probably wanted to get all he way down, did he snap any of the push pins?

381 - 400 of 417 Posts