GMC Truck Forum banner

401 - 417 of 417 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
I pulled the panels to do my 2014 fronts. I couldn't get the front corner to lat down worth a fuck otherwise. But I'm a dumbass not a professional 😂

Reactions: 08Maxx and eand28

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·

Wiring this should be fun. Still waiting on my parking brake override to show up since I can’t just ground it like pioneers

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
View attachment 873929
Wiring this should be fun. Still waiting on my parking brake override to show up since I can’t just ground it like pioneers
Just installed one of these in my sons Jeep. It’s a very basic head unit. One annoying thing is the double parking brake activation to access the unit menus.

Did you get the little power pack amp that mounts to the back too?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #405 ·
Just installed one of these in my sons Jeep. It’s a very basic head unit. One annoying thing is the double parking brake activation to access the unit menus.

Did you get the little power pack amp that mounts to the back too?
I bought a bypass for the parking brake thing on Amazon that should be here soon.
I’ve got an older alpine 4 channel amp for the doors and I just need to figure out the sub situation but I think the subs will get a JL RD1500/1

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·

Chasing a weird issue with the radio. Got static through the passenger speaker and a popping noise when it first turns on. Pulled the harness and checked the continuity across my solder joints since the speakers were cutting out and everything checked out. Thought the feedback was a ground issue but ran a jumper and there was no change. I think the gm electrical system is noisy since my leds were causing some of the noise but I still have the cutting out issue and some noise. I am putting an amp in the truck but want to take care of any issues before I create more

·
Registered
373 Posts
View attachment 873954

Chasing a weird issue with the radio. Got static through the passenger speaker and a popping noise when it first turns on. Pulled the harness and checked the continuity across my solder joints since the speakers were cutting out and everything checked out. Thought the feedback was a ground issue but ran a jumper and there was no change. I think the gm electrical system is noisy since my leds were causing some of the noise but I still have the cutting out issue and some noise. I am putting an amp in the truck but want to take care of any issues before I create more
I’ve gotta say, GM trucks seem to have the weirdest fucking electrical issues, inexplicably most of the time. Hope you find it brother. I guess I’d be looking at the main grounds.

·
Registered
508 Posts

Here’s a little tip on the pop, hopefully it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #410 ·
I’ve gotta say, GM trucks seem to have the weirdest fucking electrical issues, inexplicably most of the time. Hope you find it brother. I guess I’d be looking at the main grounds.
I’m calling Crutchfield tomorrow since the only thing it could likely be is the pac module box or maybe I need a noise filter on the 12v wire

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
It’s that Alpine deck. The same thing happened with my sons Jeep. The pop only got louder with the amp. Crutchfield got it figured out. We had to switch the red turn on lead. I wish I could remember to where though. They should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #415 ·

Excuse the messy work bench but my pitman arm shaft seals were leaking so changed the seals. Box needs to come out of the truck but it’s relatively simple to do.

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
So I had pulled everything out the other night, I added a third ground and it’s fine now.
Third ground? My kicker unit in the 67 is doing the same thing 😅

Reactions: heysoos

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #417 ·
Yeah it’s a mess. I’ll try and do a @Cornell ms paint drawing to show what I did. It’s really weird

401 - 417 of 417 Posts